MOBO = Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H 109.99
CPU = i3-3225 129.99
PSU = FSP 300Watt 54.99
SSD = 64 GB Vertext 4 Free
RAM = GSkillz 8GB Free with MOBO Purchase
Cooler = Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 43.99

Total = 392.95

What do you guys think?

I plan to use a linux build for it, and try to hook up the ps3 remote through a bluetooth dongle to control it. I am sure that i will be buging you guys on how to get it all to work!
if no hardware fails all u, your good.

just watch your PSU's depth...
not recommended to exceed 5.5" depth in the ML03B case...

and watch your RAM height, might interfere with the BIG SHU.
That FSP is an micro-ATX power supply so depth should be no issue. It even comes with the ATX bracket. There's also a 400W version for a tiny bit less here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817104131
The i3225 does 30 degrees at 20 rom temp(and 15% speed -no sound) with stock cooler and no system fans - you do not need more cooling power...
(2012-11-16, 07:55)RaggSokk3n Wrote: The i3225 does 30 degrees at 20 rom temp(and 15% speed -no sound) with stock cooler and no system fans - you do not need more cooling power...

Ehh, it isn't going to be in a well ventilated area and most likely be running most of the time. So i wanted to beef that up a bit.
This Computer has been working great for me for a year and a half always on. I ended up going with Windows 7, I have it setup with XBMC, PLEX, CouchPotato, SickBeard, and sabnzbd.

It is very strange though that this PC will cost me more to build today then it did about 18 months ago... I thought prices were supposed to go down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Build - I finally bit the bullet0