• 2(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
(2012-11-25, 01:05)syborg Wrote: Hi

there ive been trying to test this out - but I am having some issues getting it to launch at all through the advanced launcher. I'm not sure what im doing wrong. could you give some brief instructions on how to correctly set it up.

click on advanced launcher and the menu should pop up it may be a right click then select launch executable file pc. Select IBM Compatible and then select the skygoV1.4 exe file. There is an option in there also somewhere for the logo file select it and then right click to come out of that screen.
The skygo icon should now be in programs.

Let me know
I will get a step by step done asap

cheers
M
(2012-11-25, 16:28)mjeyre Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 01:05)syborg Wrote: Hi

there ive been trying to test this out - but I am having some issues getting it to launch at all through the advanced launcher. I'm not sure what im doing wrong. could you give some brief instructions on how to correctly set it up.

click on advanced launcher and the menu should pop up it may be a right click then select launch executable file pc. Select IBM Compatible and then select the skygoV1.4 exe file. There is an option in there also somewhere for the logo file select it and then right click to come out of that screen.
The skygo icon should now be in programs.

Let me know
I will get a step by step done asap

cheers
M

yeah this is what I have been doing but I get "Error! Script Failed addon.py" when select sky go to run

Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
what are your specs please what xbmc version are you using ?

cheers
Ive tried a couple of different versions.

Windows 7 32 bit - Eden stable version transparency skin

Windows 8 32 bit - Frodo nightly confluence skin

same result both versions
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
New Version at start of page 1 should work fine now.

You have to put the logo jpg file and the exe file in the root c: directory or the paycoredir for the exe to work or you will get the py error.

Best wishes

M
What is the paycoredir?

Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
lol, keyboard error

playcorefactory

(addons directory)

M

Any luck is it doing anything now ?
i tried it using the latest exe on xp sp2 and 3 x86

also the 1.4A on x64 intel only same results as you on AMD procs
i still need help from someone to try key ghosting or mouse clicks for this current version?

yeah I've got working now I moved exe into root C: - downloaded internet explorer and it worked straight away. Excellent job.

Everything seems to be working no issues so far. Will will keep testing and let you know if anything comes up.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2012-11-26, 01:31)syborg Wrote: yeah I've got working now I moved exe into root C: - downloaded internet explorer and it worked straight away. Excellent job.

Everything seems to be working no issues so far. Will will keep testing and let you know if anything comes up.

thats great,
im just playing around with V1.44 at the min ive got some keyboard functionality TAB and ENTER keys working but wish i could get some event ghost guru on here ! and a alt+f4 command for remotes ?

M
you could try posting on the advanced launcher forum - see if they have come up against the issue before or the event ghost forum see if they could help?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Having not been familiar with Skygo before, would your please tell us that how can we make this into use? How to get and launch Advance Launcher into XMBC? Whether we should first create any sort of account for Skygo and if yes then it would be a paid one or kind of free stuff altogether and how to get one? whether the service can be used outside UK or not. Thanks
(2012-11-26, 15:56)Gull Wrote: Having not been familiar with Skygo before, would your please tell us that how can we make this into use? How to get and launch Advance Launcher into XMBC? Whether we should first create any sort of account for Skygo and if yes then it would be a paid one or kind of free stuff altogether and how to get one? whether the service can be used outside UK or not. Thanks

Apologies Gull, Yes here is a run through:

Sky Go lets you watch TV channels live on your PC in the UK. Watch catch-up TV from all channels - up to 500 great movies and the best sports & entertainment around!
Watch the TV you love where you want and how you want, on a range of Mobile and PC devices with Sky Go. No extra cost for all Sky TV customers.

To use the Sky Go service you need to be a sky customer. Have internet explorer 8 or above installed on your pc and the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight installed. The first time you run the app in xbmc you will be asked to sign in you will need a keyboard or remote access to your xbmc as no onscreen keyboard is available yet.

Sky GoXBMC by XBMCMIke lets you watch sky direct through xbmc without having to close your media centre. Please see the readme.txt file on my skydrive for full install instructions. *Please be aware this is an early beta version and as such there is no way to quit by remote you have to hit alt+f4 and it will return you to xbmc.

The functionality is mouse only for the minute until i or someone can get someone to map some keys.

hope this helps

M

To install advance launcher please visit the thread for this in the Add-On section. Once installed follow the readme.txt on the skydrive shortcut here for how to install.

M
(2012-11-22, 14:54)robspencer18 Wrote: Hi,

This is my first time posting so be kind Smile

I would also like to know how to setup Sky Go on XBMC.

Many thanks

did you manage to get it running rob ? any feedback ideas please and what setup you have would be great to help me and other xbmc skygo users

M
Looks like this plugin could have some promise.

At the minute though, its very similar to the setup I've been using for some time, so I haven't installed it.

I used advanced launcher to create the skygo link in chrome and by using the confluence lite mod skin was able to add skygo in the home screen. Was able to make chrome remember my login details too which is handy.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if keyboard can be used in the future. Ideally, something alongside the plex app would be great but I don;t think its possible.
Hi,
I havent tried this method below but I do use AutoHotKey to map a few commands on my remote / keyboard.

Can you use it to remap Alt - F4 using this http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/57...map-altf4/

Very interesting in this skygo app which is why I was on this page but wanted to chip in with even though as I say it is untested...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4