• 68(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
Haven't got a use for this right now but great idea and keep at it!
Great work, i managed to get this working and user the 'Launcher for Sky Go' addon which is great. Only issue I am having is that it seems very slow. It spends 5 minutes saying "Connecting to SkyGO..." and then another couple saying "Logging In" and then a further minute saying "Launching Player".

Has anyone else had these issues?
Hi,

I've spent days trying to get this working properly Sad

I have a mac mini running Windows 7 Ultimate in VirtualBox.

I had IE 10 installed but this just gave the blank screen.

I downgraded to IE 9, but I got stuck on launching the player

So, I downgraded to IE 8 and that works great. HOWEVER, if I launch from the Skygo launcher, I have to quit XBMC to see the screen and I can browse the Skygo plugin all day. But for some reason, my pc does not like bring it to the front. \

I have the recommended version of silverlight installed, Skygo straight from the Repo. Also, if I try and launch from the TV guide here, it just gives me a black screen. Does anyone please have any ideas?

Also, I still get the 64 bit errors and I am 110% on 32bit
Having the same black screen once a channel is launched, having upgraded to Windows 8.1 (64bit) from Windows 7 (64bit) - it was working perfectly before. Hopefully Syborg or Mike can fix it, but I have a feeling that they have moved on to other things or are just too busy unfortunately Sad
hey guys, sorry its been ages since ive been on here but life has been pretty hectic and I have been learning more programming but I return with some pretty good news. I have been working on this and have rewritten the exe for launching and this should fix the black screen (no doubt bring new ones but we'll get to this when they come up).

I am doing some final testing to get it interacting with xbmc and once I get my device registered again with sky to confirm its all working as it should and I get a back from a short holiday I will be able to release through the repo - ETA March 10th
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2014-02-24, 01:20)syborg Wrote: hey guys, sorry its been ages since ive been on here but life has been pretty hectic and I have been learning more programming but I return with some pretty good news. I have been working on this and have rewritten the exe for launching and this should fix the black screen (no doubt bring new ones but we'll get to this when they come up).

I am doing some final testing to get it interacting with xbmc and once I get my device registered again with sky to confirm its all working as it should and I get a back from a short holiday I will be able to release through the repo - ETA March 10th

Syborg,

This is great news! I will keep an eye on this thread with excitement! Smile
(2014-02-24, 01:20)syborg Wrote: hey guys, sorry its been ages since ive been on here but life has been pretty hectic and I have been learning more programming but I return with some pretty good news. I have been working on this and have rewritten the exe for launching and this should fix the black screen (no doubt bring new ones but we'll get to this when they come up).

This is great news, will the change be automatically installed from your repo?
update pushed to repo. should be appearing now. You want version 1.2.2. refresh the repo if you are not getting this.

Couple of things
On one of my machines when it exits it returns to XBMC on the other it doesn't! I don't know why but I'm looking into it. Let me know what happens with yours.
It shouldn't matter anymore which version of Internet Explorer your using anymore or the silverlight version either as long as you can watch Skygo through the browser normally this should now work.
Im using IE11 and Silverlight 5.1.20913.0

Let me know of any other issues.

Sorry it took so long.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2014-02-24, 13:59)syborg Wrote: update pushed to repo. should be appearing now. You want version 1.2.2. refresh the repo if you are not getting this.

Couple of things
On one of my machines when it exits it returns to XBMC on the other it doesn't! I don't know why but I'm looking into it. Let me know what happens with yours.
It shouldn't matter anymore which version of Internet Explorer your using anymore or the silverlight version either as long as you can watch Skygo through the browser normally this should now work.
Im using IE11 and Silverlight 5.1.20913.0

Let me know of any other issues.

Great news... Thanks
Hi Syborg,

Thanks for continuing to work on this!

I have updated to version 1.2.2 and the good news is that I am no longer experiencing the script error messages on Windows 7 64.

There are a couple of new problems though:
1. After the full-screen browser logs into SkyGo all that is visible is a black screen, requiring me to press F5 to refresh before the browser continues to load the SkyGo channel.
2. On exiting SkyGo an 'Errors Occurred' message appears followed by a C++ Runtime Error and the following skygov2.exe.log is created:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pyHook\HookManager.pyc", line 351, in KeyboardSwitch
File "skygov2.py", line 157, in OnKeyboardEvent
File "skygov2.py", line 169, in return_focus
TypeError: an integer is required
Exception TypeError: 'an integer is required' in 'garbage collection' ignored

I am running Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.16798

Any suggestions for fixing these 2 issues?
Syborg,

Just updated to Internet Explorer 11 and that seems to have fixed the problems Blush

I'll let you know if I find any other issues.

Cheers,

th0msk

(2014-02-25, 16:15)th0msk Wrote: Hi Syborg,

Thanks for continuing to work on this!

I have updated to version 1.2.2 and the good news is that I am no longer experiencing the script error messages on Windows 7 64.

There are a couple of new problems though:
1. After the full-screen browser logs into SkyGo all that is visible is a black screen, requiring me to press F5 to refresh before the browser continues to load the SkyGo channel.
2. On exiting SkyGo an 'Errors Occurred' message appears followed by a C++ Runtime Error and the following skygov2.exe.log is created:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pyHook\HookManager.pyc", line 351, in KeyboardSwitch
File "skygov2.py", line 157, in OnKeyboardEvent
File "skygov2.py", line 169, in return_focus
TypeError: an integer is required
Exception TypeError: 'an integer is required' in 'garbage collection' ignored

I am running Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.16798

Any suggestions for fixing these 2 issues?
Hi Syborg,

I have been trying out the new version for a couple of hours now and the only issue that I have found is that the blue channel details box which takes up the bottom 3rd of the screen is remaining visible indefinitely after a channel is launched.

The mouse is being positioned (out of site) to the bottom right corner of the screen and the channel details remain visible until I move the mouse, which is a bit of a pain given that I am using a remote control.

I tried toggling the 'hidemousepointer' value in the SkyGo.cfg but that doesn't seem to have any effect any more.
Yeah oops that won't do anything now should have taken it out.
I'll have a look at a fix tomorrow.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Good news, I launched it but each time it goes to the Sky login page? Any ideas?
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4