• 72(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
(2014-03-15, 13:39)evilc Wrote: Hi all.
Apologies if this has been covered before, but I did a thread search and only found one reference to what I am about to ask about, and saw no response (Though I think he wasn't very clear about how important it could be).

I am a Sky customer who wishes to access Sky Go via XBMC on Linux (Specifically on a Raspberry Pi).
Yes, I know, this addon is meant to be windows only, but from what I can gather, this is because Sky Go requires a silverlight plugin, which only works on windows.

I have, however, stumbled upon a silverlight emulator for linux called Pipelight.

I found this through a blog post that showed how to watch Sky Go on Ubuntu.

Can anyone tell me if this changes anything?

Cheers.

Hi evilc,

I understand that things are quite confusing going through the forum posts as I mentioned in a previous post I will be starting a new post with the release of v2.

As of now Linux is not available - I have seen this same blog and it's something I will be looking at.

However, there are some other issues to consider with regards to control of a webbrowser which window internet explorer does very well but getting control of Firefox/chrome is very difficult because they are locked down to prevent malicious code being run while your online. So thus we use IE.
So getting silverlight to run on Linux is a start and should open the door but there's still a lot of hurdles.
Finally, running on a rasp pi? I don't think it's got the power to manage to run xbmc and browser at the same time you would probably need a full system!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Thank you for your swift response.

So basically your system requires running a browser and piping input to it, which is more work than just streaming a file?
I noticed that the browser was very, very sluggish.

I am still looking at all the possible solutions, but have a window of about a week to sort things out, so thankyou for clarifying the timescales so that I can rule this out as a solution in the short-term.

I see there is an up-and-coming Android RPi distro, I guess that may be my best option in the short term.
Failing that, we could maybe use a laptop and run windows so we can use your mod.
(2014-03-11, 21:14)syborg Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 21:06)liquidtoon Wrote: Hi Syborg, works beautifully if on one monitor, which is fine as this will be running on a single monitor for me eventually. the problem
[quote='v The JoKeR' pid='1649840' dateline='1394556770']
Hi Syborg, love Sky Go for XBMC, when will the TV guide mod be available from the repo again?

I won't make it public again for a while as supporting it in its current format was too much. So until I can spend some serious time on it and get it to a more user friendly level.

I'd be happy to drop you over the zip file if you've lost it though. You can look back through the forum there's instruction how to get it working.

Hi Syborg, could you please send me the zip file Smile thank you
Hi,

I cannot seem to move the quality. Even with a mouse when I click on 'auto' to change the quality the drop down appears off the screen. I don't mind changing this every time but I can't seem to do it.

Any help welcome. Love the latest update.
(2014-03-19, 23:21)GrantXP Wrote: Hi,

I cannot seem to move the quality. Even with a mouse when I click on 'auto' to change the quality the drop down appears off the screen. I don't mind changing this every time but I can't seem to do it.

Any help welcome. Love the latest update.

If you login to skygo through your browser normally and change it. It should remember your settings. However, sky a little while ago changed some of the channels to auto only - due to high demand and optimization - so you might not be able to change it even through the official site!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Skygo V2 - Launched

See here for details
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189805

It will not update automatically as these is a change in name.

This version will be marked as broken in the near future - Please update.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I'm confused. I've installed the addon from the repo and it works fine, except that I can't control it with the remote. The instructions in the first post are confusing and contradictory. Can someone help me set the addon up to work with my remote, and to close and go back to XBMC?

Cheers
(2014-03-21, 01:16)Rumik Wrote: I'm confused. I've installed the addon from the repo and it works fine, except that I can't control it with the remote. The instructions in the first post are confusing and contradictory. Can someone help me set the addon up to work with my remote, and to close and go back to XBMC?

Cheers

Uninstall this and upgrade to v2 - post above yours! You will get on demand content too!

These instructions in the first post are really out dated and why I started a new post with the new release.

There is no controls except return to xbmc - which is done by a backspace command. This can done by a keyboard, a remote like hipporemote which uses a server on the host computer or a ir remote which has a button mapped to backspace.
Apps like the official apps, constellation, yatse etc won't work. As they communicate with xbmc through json - as skygo is launched outside of xbmc it needs a keypress command backspace specifically.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Awesome, I'll give it a go! Awesome job with this dude!
Hi Syborg

v2 is working for me now (I never managed to get v1 working). However, is there a way to make the video play on a second screen, as my setup needs this to be the case. There was an option available in v1 but I can't seem to find it here in v2. Any ideas?
(2014-03-28, 01:37)mdring5 Wrote: Hi Syborg

v2 is working for me now (I never managed to get v1 working). However, is there a way to make the video play on a second screen, as my setup needs this to be the case. There was an option available in v1 but I can't seem to find it here in v2. Any ideas?

Glad you got it working this was my hope for version 2 that all the hassles of v1 and all faffing about could be eliminated. So I'm happy it's getting the job done.

There isn't an option at the moment for screen viewing, however, I'm happy to have a look to see if it's possible - if so I'll add it as a option.

Keep an eye on the new thread for updates.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2012-11-28, 17:44)rossglass Wrote: Looks like this plugin could have some promise.

At the minute though, its very similar to the setup I've been using for some time, so I haven't installed it.

I used advanced launcher to create the skygo link in chrome and by using the confluence lite mod skin was able to add skygo in the home screen. Was able to make chrome remember my login details too which is handy.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if keyboard can be used in the future. Ideally, something alongside the plex app would be great but I don;t think its possible.

Please could you tell me how you got chrome to remember your log in details
(2014-04-05, 09:42)Zootoxin Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 17:44)rossglass Wrote: Looks like this plugin could have some promise.

At the minute though, its very similar to the setup I've been using for some time, so I haven't installed it.

I used advanced launcher to create the skygo link in chrome and by using the confluence lite mod skin was able to add skygo in the home screen. Was able to make chrome remember my login details too which is handy.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if keyboard can be used in the future. Ideally, something alongside the plex app would be great but I don;t think its possible.

Please could you tell me how you got chrome to remember your log in details

I don't know how he did it but lastpass extension for chrome will do this for you.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
theres app on a jailbroken iphone called flex 2 that patches sky go to work on jailbroken phones with the app it lets you look at the program code maybe it could point you in the right direction
(2014-04-18, 01:44)ismadder Wrote: theres app on a jailbroken iphone called flex 2 that patches sky go to work on jailbroken phones with the app it lets you look at the program code maybe it could point you in the right direction

I have messed around with this looking into the ipa code. It seems to get it information from xbox.sky.com - which as far as I make out also feeds android and xbox apps. Going through this information although some pretty interesting stuff but there is unfortunately nothing that can be used to bring the streams natively to XBMC.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4