DVD order not working, or am I doing something incorrectly?
Hi all,
Trying to figure this out one more time before I give up.

I have the DVD set of Firefly and it's in this order:
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

I renamed my files exactly like this:

Firefly s01e01 - Serenity
Firefly s01e02 - The Train Job
Firefly s01e14 - Objects in Space

This is how they are listed on the TV DB's DVD order page, and this is how they are listed on my DVDs.

In XBMC, I select this subdirectory (within my TV directory, which uses air date ordering), and I select the Firefly folder, and adjust the settings to "DVD Order".
I click OK.

When I scan the item in the library, the listing shows up in AIRED order, however, all the file names still match the episode titles in the AIRED order. In other words, they are in THIS order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...rder=aired

What I want is XBMC to display the DVD order. Is this possible?
What am I doing wrong?
I would also really like an answer to this question. For example, the show Alcatraz, Episode 8 was delayed due to the Daytona 500 and only aired three weeks later. So in aired view it is marked as episode 10. This messes with the storyline in XBMC even though the files are named appropriately... also using NFO files created with Ember but XBMC seems to ignore them.
Any update to this, I have the same issue with Firefly

Content is set to DVD order and I removed from library, cleaned and rescanned.

Firefly - S01E02 - The Train Job.mkv shows up for Episode 1x01 The Train Job, so the right files match the episodes but the episode list is in Aired Order.
+1 on issue with Firefly ordering. I recently upgraded to Frodo (currently on RC1) and am seeing this issue. Seemed to happen sometime after the upgrade as the ordering was correct several months ago when I last watched Firefly. I had duplicate entries for Firefly after the upgrade (may or may not be related...I use Firefly as my bench test for checking episode ordering since the airdates were so screwed up by Fox). Removed and rescanned several times with no luck. Ensured there was no local metadata info and still no luck. Can only get the aired order regardless of settings.
Use absolute order
Hey Guys, I thought I might share what I did to work around the issue:

It involved me having to add an extra folder to my library, physically, like such:
Code:
Videos---|
         |---Movies---Genres---Titles
         |
         |---Series----|
                       |---Aired-Order----Titles---SeasonXX
                       |
                       |---Dvd-Order----Titles---SeasonXX

The DVD-Order folder contains Firefly, Animated Batman, Alcatraz etc.

The Two orders should be added as two separate sources.

N.B. Before finally adding each source, at the dialogue when selecting 'Folder contains: Tv Shows' and 'Run automated scan', be sure to open 'Settings' and select the right order. Let the library scan before adding the new source making sure to open settings again at the same step and selecting the appropriate order.

I don't know if the 'Use DVD order' setting is set globally at that point but the episodes seem to be scanned into the library correctly.

Hope that helps somebody.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD order not working, or am I doing something incorrectly?0