Linux XBMCbuntu Frodo install, missing initrd
Hiya,

My first post and i'm quite a linux n00b.. Smile I love XBMC and i can't wait to install Frodo.. I also got the error message as stated above. How do i change the name of the following file? When do you change the name of the file? After you install it and get the error message or before? Because i only have a .iso file on my USB-stick and the boot files...

rename "/casper/initrd.img-3.2.0-33-generic-pae" to "initrd.lz" to solve the "/casper/initrd.lz: file not found"

Thanks in advance... Love xbmc! Smile
Use a iso editor

uNi
uNiversal: the renaming doesnt fix the problem I linked to.. The 2 problems are different..
I have the same error and renaming doesn´t help :-(
(2012-11-17, 21:45)runel Wrote: uNiversal: the renaming doesnt fix the problem I linked to.. The 2 problems are different..

My guess is you're installing from usb. Make sure the right initrd is referenced by syslinux.cfg, that was my problem.
It says "append initrd=/ubninit file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper only-ubiquity debug-ubiquity quiet splash --"

What would be a correct line?
Uni was right.. Editing the ISO rather than the USB sorted the problem.. Smile Its now installed.
Smart way to go with the iso... well I edited the usb as follows:

Changed the following line in syslinux.cfg from:

"append initrd=/ubninit file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper only-ubiquity debug-ubiquity quiet splash --"

to:

"append initrd=/casper/initrd.img-3.2.0-33-generic-pae file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper only-ubiquity debug-ubiquity quiet splash --"

that worked as well!
(2012-11-17, 23:24)runel Wrote: Uni was right.. Editing the ISO rather than the USB sorted the problem.. Smile Its now installed.

Yes well the saying goes, if its broken fix it, in this case you have to start with the base file.

Glad you guys sorted it,

uNi
I think there is a repack available (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/XBMCbuntu/ )
The new repack version fixed the problem for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Frodo install, missing initrd1