XBMC noob needs help. Misc Questions.
So just today I happened to finally download xbmc since boxee pc has been dead for awhile now I needed something else to use and I have to say, so far xbmc is beyond amazing. The interface and scraping for movies alone is just beyond awesome, accurate to a t and the interface is stunningly beautiful. Now with that said I still have a few issues im trying to figure out. Btw im using the latest Frodo build, windows 7 64 bit.

1) When I go to play trailers for my movies via the trailers option in the media information window for a movie, the buffering takes far longer then it should and also I often get a Cache Full error. Now I have seen some posts about an advancedsettings.xml where you can change the size of the cache but I went to the proper location and the file was nowhere to be found. So first, if at all possible, Id like to be able to up the cache size, and secondly I have looked all over this program to try to find a way to have trailers load in 720p by default instead of the full 1080p so that maybe they wont have to spend such a long time buffering in the beginning and wont have to stop 3 or 4 times during playback to finish. I have tried playing the same videos in 1080p at the site itself and they playback flawlessly but for some reason its a whole lot laggier in xbmc.

2) I know there is an option to have xbmc export .nfos for your files that it has scraped information for, but is there a way to have it also export the posters, and background image and whatnot for each of them? What about the trailers for them? Because that would negate the need to even need to stream the trailers at all and I dont mind them taking up a little extra space on my hard drives for ease of convenience. Anybody know a program that might be able to assists with finding and downloading relevant trailers and maybe setting up some coding in the .nfo file to tell xbmc and similar programs to read the relevant downloaded trailer video when the trailer option is selected?

3) Can anybody direct me to a tutorial on how to set up a system whereby one computer with xbmc can access the files on an external hard drive connected to a different computer that is connected to the same wireless network?

4) Lastly, I cant seem to find a Pandora add on that works with this version of xbmc. Anybody know where I might be able to find one if a compatible one in fact exists at this moment?

Anyways, im sure that these are noobish questions but what can I say, were all noobs at some point. Thank you in advance for any assistance with these issues Smile I'm really looking forward to havin a rockin new interface for my media library.
Hi Emperawr!

First off i'm not one of those sitting and coding my own version of xbmc nighlys but i might help you a little bit at least.

2.) When exporting the library xbmc will let you choose somewhat what to export, (fanart, posters, even actor thumbs) so just try it out from withing xbmc system/setting -> Video settings ->export library

3.) For sharing i'll suggest you have a look at the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Main_Page and then choose Media Sources on the left panel, here you can find several different options for sharing.
ahh good stuff. I had seen the other options for Export Video Library but hadnt tried it out since I wasnt messing with fan art before but it hadnt occurred to me that that was what it was using for the background function. Okay sweet, This inadvertantly answered another question I hadnt even asked lol. Thanks man. I have to check out the link you posted as well after I get back later so I can educate myself about that topic as well. Okay so now I need to get the trailer thing figured out. I think the best sollution would be if there was a way to either find a program that could assist in finding and downloading trailers and then setting up some linking code in the nfo or something that xbmc and other programs could read to know that when it wants to play a trailer for that media file it should play the relevant already downloaded trailer file from the same folder. I was using Ember Media Manager but the trailer functionality just never seems to work at all so Im hoping to find another option to either have this functionality in xbmc or to find another program that can assist me in this task. Hoping someone might be of some help with this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC noob needs help. Misc Questions. 0