Broken in Frodo Beta 1
Sad 
It seems like Frodo Beta 1 broke the Mediaportal PVR addon. Everything was working fine until I updated XBMC.

Log entry:
Code:
00:17:03 T:6780   ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Socket::connect 192.168.0.193:9596
00:17:03 T:6780   ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Socket::connect: (Winsock error=10060) Connection timed out
00:17:03 T:6780   ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Could not connect to MPTV backend
00:17:03 T:6780   ERROR: ADDON: Dll MediaPortal PVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
00:17:03 T:6780 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, status = 1
00:17:03 T:88  NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mediaportal.tvserver start, auto delete: true

I have the latest version of the TVServerXBMC (1.2.3.118) and the latest PVR addon build. Is anyone else getting this issue?
Yes I have the same. It was working in the last nightly build but beta 1 seems to have broken it, I did this from a clean install.
@Athanatos875:
Your log snapshot indicates that the addon is not able to connect to the TVServerXBMC plugin. Check your firewall settings and make sure that the TVServerXBMC plugin is enabled in the TVServer configuration and that it is actually running. (For troubleshooting hints and testing using telnet if you can connect to the TVServerXBMC plugin see TVServerXBMC readme.txt.
Check also the TVServer log file tv.log for a line like: "TVServerXBMC: Start listening on port 9596"

Just tested here with Frodo Beta 1 (repack) and the Nov 16th Build from Wileecoyote and TVServerXBMC v1.2.3.118 and I can connect to the backend without problems.

@oceanexplor
Do you have the same connection error in your xbmc.log or does XBMC indicate that your version of the MediaPortal pvr addon has an incompatible PVR API version?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hey Margro! Thanks for the reply.

I did get PVR support working again in XBMC. I had an older build from Wileecoyote. Once I updated to the latest build, everything started to work again.
I've not had chance to test it but I get a feeling I forgot to install the TVServerXBMC....doh! Will install the plugin and test again. Thanks for your response margro.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken in Frodo Beta 10