Req Periodic reload of recordings
I'm using the ForTheRecord addon and Frodo b1.

The only problem I have is when new shows are recorded, I need to manually go to the XBMC PVR menu and click on recordings (and wait...with no feedback for about 15 seconds until all recording are reloaded) before anything new appears in the list.

I'm wondering if there is a way to periodically schedule this.

I'd like to use the JSON-RPC interface and possibly Addons.ExecuteAddon()? However I am unsure about what params I would pass the addon to trigger it to reload recordings (if this is even possible).

On a side note, where do Recordings get stored in XBMC. Are they only stored in memory? I don't see them in any of the databases.

Any ideas?
-BradVido
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
AFAIK the ForTheRecord addon itself can trigger an update once a new recording is available, but it doesn't atm.
Thanks for the thread, I think this is a problem too. I have to wait everytime I want to view the recordings, regardless of whether there is a new recording or not. I have about 250 recordings and I also wait about 15 sec before they are displayed (they are on a network share).

This slow update of the recording screen is independent of the addon. I think it would be better if xbmc just relied on the addon to trigger updates to the list, and have xbmc keep the recordings info cashed somewhere so that the screen can be displayed quickly. I would still really like to know what xbmc is doing when this screen is displayed that takes so long.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Periodic reload of recordings0