Way to improve the Recordings screen?
The LiveTV's recording screen is rather hummm.. ugly, compared to everything else in XMBC. I undersand PVR is rather new, and things will improve.

TV recording is somewhat unique because it may contain various different type of content.. TV shows, News, Sports Events, Documentaries, Movies, Series.

Video name in there are not always well formated to be parsed properly, but in my case they often are, especially series (ie. How I met your mother SXXEXX......ts).

I am wondering if people have come up with way to enhance their TV recording experience.

I think that in an Ideal world, what I would like is that the recording are displayed in a similar way to the "TV Shows" menu, but would still display items if it can't enhance the content

I could easily do that by adding the "recording" directory to the TV Shows's library, however unreconized name would not show, so I would end up needing going to 2 differents section to watch my recorded video (which is not ideal for non teksavvy user).

Any idea?

As you say, you can goto Video->Files and select the 'Recordings' item, bring up context menu and change the context type to TV Shows..

Then the scraper will download all the tv info for each recording and then you can goto TV Shows window....
...and there it fails...

The shows you recorded are listed.. the directories are there, and the metadata is there...
but the directories are empty...

Thats my experience... if anyone can get this to work it would be great to see all the recordings in the TV Shows tab.

and it doesn't solve the problem of unrecognised shows
Samsung UE46C5100
Foxconn nt-a3550
HDMI-CEC PulseEight
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GA10N
OpenElec nightly build
2*Hauppauge Nova-T Stick
mythtv 0.26
It would be great to see recorded content in the "TV Shows" section, but with a flag sating it's a raw recording.
(2012-11-29, 20:22)richardambridge Wrote: As you say, you can goto Video->Files and select the 'Recordings' item, bring up context menu and change the context type to TV Shows..

Then the scraper will download all the tv info for each recording and then you can goto TV Shows window....
...and there it fails...

The shows you recorded are listed.. the directories are there, and the metadata is there...
but the directories are empty...

Thats my experience... if anyone can get this to work it would be great to see all the recordings in the TV Shows tab.

and it doesn't solve the problem of unrecognised shows

I think we were talking about this in the mythtv thread. Retested this today and it works fine :-) Maybe you have to add the all recordings path and not pvr://recordings itself...
Photo 
Still not working for me.

I wonder if it is because all my shows are appearing as 0 B length.

They play ok if i click one, but they are just 0 B
Samsung UE46C5100
Foxconn nt-a3550
HDMI-CEC PulseEight
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GA10N
OpenElec nightly build
2*Hauppauge Nova-T Stick
mythtv 0.26

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way to improve the Recordings screen?0