• 4(current)
Linux XBMCBuntu Frodo RC - AE: Error - no devices found
(2012-11-18, 21:15)uNiversal Wrote: Your equipment not being turned on while installing Linux is a BIG important reason why its not getting detected in first place.If also connect to TV via HDMI then only the TV supported audio is detected.

uNi

Rebooted and sound is gone - Error no devices found. I rebooted with my AVR still on. My second test would be to reboot with AVR turned off.
What is going on?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Add streamsilence to your advanced settings.xml, see my original posting.

uNi
(2012-11-18, 21:17)uNiversal Wrote: Add streamsilence to your advanced settings.xml, see my original posting.

uNi

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <audio>
     <streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
   </audio>
</advancedsettings>

Like that? And I guess I need to reinstall again to initially get sound?
I installed Frodo Beta 1 on a blank partition with my HTPC connected to my DAC which was powered on, and reading that it does not work any more after a reboot makes me think it's better to wait with a re-install.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
(2012-11-18, 21:37)Bobby Blixberg Wrote: I installed Frodo Beta 1 on a blank partition with my HTPC connected to my DAC which was powered on, and reading that it does not work any more after a reboot makes me think it's better to wait with a re-install.

Can you try to reinstall and then add the lines in the post above to advancedconfig before you reboot and report back?

My girlfriend is occupying the TV atm Tongue
At first that did the trick, but after the next reboot XBMC is not started automatically anymore, instead of that the login screen appears.
When I enter the password manually there's a black screen for 1 or 2 seconds before the logon screen re-appears.

Crash log:

Code:
############## XBMC CRASH LOG ###############

################ SYSTEM INFO ################
Date: Sun Nov 18 22:05:32 CET 2012
XBMC Options:
Arch: i686
Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-33-generic-pae #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 18 16:39:21 UTC 2012
Release:
    Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS - XBMCbuntu
    Release:    12.04
    Codename:    precise
############## END SYSTEM INFO ##############

############### STACK TRACE #################
gdb not installed, can't get stack trace.
############# END STACK TRACE ###############

################# LOG FILE ##################

22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (12.0-BETA1 Git:Unknown), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS - XBMCbuntu, 3.2.0-33-generic-pae i686). Built on Nov 15 2012
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: /usr/share/xbmc
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: /usr/lib/xbmc
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: /home/xbmc/.xbmc
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: The executable running is: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: Local hostname: HTPC
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: Log File is located: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
22:05:31 T:3007723328  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------

############### END LOG FILE ################

############ END XBMC CRASH LOG #############
Sony KD-65A1
(2012-11-18, 23:06)Bobby Blixberg Wrote: At first that did the trick, but after the next reboot XBMC is not started automatically anymore, instead of that the login screen appears.
When I enter the password manually there's a black screen for 1 or 2 seconds before the logon screen re-appears.

And what about the audio?
As I said, after the first boot it worked fine, now I cannot test it because XBMC won't start at all...

How can I start XBMC from the terminal?

Code:
sudo service lightdm restart

did not do it...

Re-installing again now Confused
Sony KD-65A1
Finished again. The trick with streamsilence only works for the first reboot, after that there's the no device error again.

Going back to Eden now...
Sony KD-65A1
you start xbmc like

xinit xbmc

or similar
OK so we are back to square one.

What's next? I'm not going to give up, but clearly something is still buggy in AE.
Seems I'm having the same trouble. I haven't done any real systematic tests; going from memory here...

Sound works fine when booted from XBMCbuntu live CD (Frodo Beta 1 repack). I'm just using HDMI cable between PC and TV. I tried XBMC a few times like this and all was good so I decided to install to the HDD.

I formatted the drive when installing XBMCbuntu. Sound worked fine at first even through a couple reboots. The first time sound stopped working, I had to go into settings and change audio from HDMI to "analog". This worked but seemed odd to me because I'm using HDMI cable.

Sound stopped working again at some point after switching to analog. I think things got weird when the system went to sleep or hibernate (maybe?).

I was getting the "error - no devices found". I flipped over to a login prompt (with xbmc still running) and ran aplay -l. It listed my devices as expected. When I flipped back over to xmbc and went into the audio settings, it displayed some devices but the list was definitely different than it had been before (can't say exactly what was different as I was just dickin' around with stuff trying to get it to work - device list was shorter I think). I was able to select an NVidia device (still set to analog) and sound worked again - this was last night.

I left the HTPC on last night but had to switch it on using the power button this morning (hibernate?). Today, no sound no matter what. I've shut down and/or rebooted numerous times - always get "error - no devices found".

I haven't tried anything in this thread yet. Sorry for the ramble; hoping my observation might shed some light.

Here's output of aplay -l. I'm using the NVidia card.

Code:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: VT1708S Analog [VT1708S Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: VT1708S Digital [VT1708S Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: VT1708S HP [VT1708S HP]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
I just installed OpenElec Frodo B1 (http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/Ope...93.tar.bz2)
Working fine.
I'm experiencing the same problem since installning a fresh copy of XBMCBuntu yesterday.

The first time I booted up I could select audio devices and everything ran just fine. HDMI from the Zotac, to the receiver, to the TV.

Second time (and every time after that) I booted up I got "Error - no devices found".

The way I can manually fix this is to exit XBMC and enter my password at the logon dialogue, XBMC starts up again and all the sound devices are back on the list and everything works fine. Until I reboot again that is.

Hardware: Zotac ID-HD11 (ION Chipset)
Personally I use a minimal install + xbmc like details on my signature, it works perfectly on ION gen 1 and I suspect that because it works in openelec it would also work in minimal install.
I think its xbmcbuntu being quirky again. Which in such case the xbmcbuntu devs need to look at fixing it.

To make sure its really xbmcbuntu fault, someone whos expereicing these problems need to use minimal install.

And to really isolate this, Video drivers should also be upgraded in xbmcbuntu since they drive part of the audio bit in chip.

see this how-to upgrade your drivers in xbmcbuntu.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...d_variants

this is because the drivers in xbmcbuntu are OLD in comparison to openelec.

uNi
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu Frodo RC - AE: Error - no devices found3