Username & Password constantly requested....
Hey guys

I've got my Pi setup with raspbmc installed.

I've been trying to add the paths to my shared data but whenever I try to add the path/folder then it requests a username and password.

I enter the username being the accounts name on my main pc. This account does not have a password on but when I just enter ther username name it does not work. I try entering a password even though the main pc account does not have a password it still doea not work.

I have no idea how to get past this obstacle.
You could try one of the following:
- Go to: "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings" and under All Networks tick "Turn off password protected sharing"
- Right click the folder that you want to access from the pi and go to its "Properties" then select the "Sharing" tab. In here click the Share button and write "Guest" in the empty field and click the"Add" button.For guest choose the Permission Level that you would prefer (i selected Read/Write) .

I also had issues in the beginning but one of these changes (or the combination of both) fixed the problem.
Lastly, if these are newly shared folders you could try to restart the pc and the pi as sometimes they need some reboots in order to detect the new changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Username & Password constantly requested....1