• 5(current)
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ
With Frodo Beta 2 - I note that the operation of the built in screensaver has changed. You'll need to 'getmore' and download the add-on slideshow to get back to what you had, (there is more options now). I'm corssing my fingers Frodo will get Cinema Experience and Psuedo TV back in the lineup one day so I can delete my Eden set-up.
Added: XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#Slideshow (wiki)
(2012-12-03, 21:30)Ned Scott Wrote: Added: XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ#Slideshow (wiki)

for some odd reason when I do this, it's empty. i've tried going directly from add-ons and also Settings -> Appearance -> Screensaver -> Screensaver mode -> Get more -> - i've come up with nothing; not really a big deal but would love to get that functionality back.
Hi could someone please help me I upgraded from xbmc 11 which played my videos perfectly but now with 12 I seem to be having some performance issues when ever I play videos the video lags like crazy and even the mouse cursor lags. Does Frodo require more performance than Eden? Im using windows 8 and my graphics card just broke so am waiting for a new one but XBMC 11 still plays quite smoothly. Some help would be much appreciated.
(2012-12-04, 09:57)jenkinsmorgan04 Wrote: Hi could someone please help me I upgraded from xbmc 11 which played my videos perfectly but now with 12 I seem to be having some performance issues when ever I play videos the video lags like crazy and even the mouse cursor lags. Does Frodo require more performance than Eden? Im using windows 8 and my graphics card just broke so am waiting for a new one but XBMC 11 still plays quite smoothly. Some help would be much appreciated.

Please start a new thread if you actually need help with v12. This thread is supposed to just be about improving the FAQ for v12.
How to I view movie\episode information now (shows casts, option to reload)? I upgraded from 10 I think (because new movies where not showing up) I used to just right click and choose "more information" (I think). thanks
more pages clarified and fixed today. Smile
does Frodo give us updated drivers ETC?

I have a acer revo 70 using openelec and it causes my tv to go pink, Sony say update your drivers.

Of course with openelec I have no way of updating individual drivers like I would with Windows.

Does upgrading openelec beta 3 and Frodo give me newer drivers which may solve my issues?

regards
(2012-12-06, 12:17)butcheroo Wrote: does Frodo give us updated drivers ETC?

I have a acer revo 70 using openelec and it causes my tv to go pink, Sony say update your drivers.

Of course with openelec I have no way of updating individual drivers like I would with Windows.

Does upgrading openelec beta 3 and Frodo give me newer drivers which may solve my issues?

regards

Please see post #65 above. Thanks.
after a quick glance at the FAQ, its missing notes about audio settings after upgrade.

c/p from another thread I had to stress this out:

when upgrading to any Frodo build, you MUST make sure that your audio settings are correct,
Wrong audio settings will have _severely_ negative effects on video playback.

Make sure that:
- Your speaker setup is really correct
- if passthrough: you _only_ enable the audio codecs your receiver supports.
- select the correct audio output device for analog and passthrough

Linux specific:
on AMD fglrx you must disable all HD Audio codecs and "output stereo to all speakers". Only enable AC3 and DTS, regardless of your receiver!

@wsnipex

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...remotes.29

Is that good?

also updated with see also links http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._XBMCbuntu and http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...de_process

uNi
thanks uni
would it be possible to separate in the final 12 version : the server side and the client side ? as PLEX ...
With this solution we could have the server side on a nas or a computer and the client side on differents computers or tablett
No
Hi there appolgies if this has already being covered but I have just purchased an apple tv 1st gen which has xbmc 11.0 Eden running on it can it be upgraded to 12.0 frodo ie is the 1st gen compatable thanks

Kieran
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ1