XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
(2012-12-16 22:41)kieranappletv1 Wrote:  Hi there appolgies if this has already being covered but I have just purchased an apple tv 1st gen which has xbmc 11.0 Eden running on it can it be upgraded to 12.0 frodo ie is the 1st gen compatable thanks

Kieran

Yes, if you install OpenELEC on the ATV1. Crystalbuntu will also be an option in the future for Frodo (right now it only has Eden).

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
wsnipex Online
Team-XBMC packaging monkey
the xbmc packages in our ppa(s) have crystalHD enabled too, but at least I cannot test it,
find quote
DetrieZ Offline
Once Frodo goes into final production, will it be an easy update from RC? Or, will a reinstall be required?
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
It's in the Frodo FAQ...

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
DetrieZ Offline
Ah.. I missed that.. Thank you
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
No worries :)

find quote
MANswers Offline
After installing the new frodo version, the audio/video is stuttering, infact moving the cursor too is having a hard time. Am i missing out something?
find quote
Th3R00st3r Offline
I may be missing it, but I searched the FAQ and the Wiki. I have my Harmony remote setup to update the library (sending the U key), but now when I press it, it says there are no PVR clients available.

Did the key mappings change in Frodo? If updating the library is not U anymore, which key is it?
(This post was last modified: 2013-02-02 00:11 by Th3R00st3r.)
find quote
grido Offline
I update xbmc from v11 to v12 today and I lost all my thumbnails for Movies? but for TV SHOWS is fine.
How can I fix it?

Thanks
find quote
Headcase_Fargon Offline
So I've avoided using a SQL database for my two XBMC devices because last time I tried it in version 10 thumbnails were all screwed up. I'm looking to try it again with Frodo, but is there anything different to setting it up now? Or can I just install it and set it up like last time?
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
Things have changed. Mainly that you do not create the MySQL DB ahead of time. Follow the steps on this page: MySQL

find quote
Kib Offline
Team XBMC
(2012-11-22 17:47)getafix Wrote:  To upgrade from Eden to Frodo, must I uninstall Eden firtst or can I install over?

Also, I am running Mysql for a centralized database, will anything need to be changed there?

Thanks

This thread is about changes that need to be made to the FAQ page on the wiki, as you can see by reading the first post with the enormous link that goes there.
Your questions are answered in the FAQ paragraphs 1.3 and 1.5.

Neon skin - v3.0.7 now available for XBMC 13 (Gotham)
(This post was last modified: 2013-02-20 11:48 by Kib.)
find quote
Headcase_Fargon Offline
(2013-02-20 11:07)Ned Scott Wrote:  Things have changed. Mainly that you do not create the MySQL DB ahead of time. Follow the steps on this page: MySQL

Excellent.

So I'm completely reinstalling from scratch for this update. I'm doing some Spring cleaning on my media libraries, updating to Frodo, and moving to a unified MySQL library so I figured why not start fresh? I have MySQL installed on my media server, tables created, and Frodo installed fresh on my HTPC.

Should I:
A.) Create my libraries locally THEN move them to MySQL or
B.) Point this new install to my media server's MySQL and THEN set up/scan my libraries

Does it make a difference?
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
B

find quote
kdoug Offline
ok im not that clever,,I got someone to install Fredo on my ATV2.
and am really pleased with the change from Eden..
it seems very sturdy if thats the word....
find quote