• 3(current)
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ
XBMCbuntu I think uses 12.04 which is 3.2 kernel. Documentation wise for intel and nvidia HD multichannel PCM audio wise I dont know, I know what works for my system which is a bog standard ION gen 1, Kernel patches and what not is terrible idea to document in wiki because its too fast moving.

What I know is intel and amd is a mystery. There's a amd thread which I already added to wiki as a discussion on it. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...deo_issues

Perhaps other wikis like openelec have something on these HD and multichannel audio for Linux idk. I dont have time to look into that.

I dont have avr or anything like that to know how to set it up or document it, Im looking at xbmc forums and threads that have solutions for problems and translating that into wiki and pointing to a forum thread for discussion on whatever it is I added relates to.

Ideally we would collate all this relevant info and adapt it to wiki, on Audio, video, OS configs in Linux like xorgs (I added one for intel with sna acceleration

See here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...c_settings

and http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...f_with_sna

So im linking what is relevant and that I understand. I use forum link to link back to discussions threads, where I can find something.

* un1versal shrugs.

atm not time to play with wiki maybe in a couple of days I can see about more.

uNi

(2012-11-18, 10:06)Ned Scott Wrote: As in, there are changes to music videos in v12 or just in general?

For example, section 1.15 on local image storage mentions movie and tv show, but nothing on music video.

scott s.

(2012-11-18, 12:08)uNiversal Wrote: @scott967

I would be happy to add the missing "music-videos" part to FAQ or other parts, however I dont use music videos myself and have no idea how it works.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Music_videos thats referred/linked by other pages

Feel free to join wiki and fill that up.

Thanks. The obvious problem is, if I had a really good understanding I wouldn't need the wiki. I've been trying to reverse-engineer how XBMC 11 and now 12 manage music video library, reading through skin and scraper xml, etc, but it's hard going (for me, anyway).

scott s.

maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Okay, this thread is about the upgrading to v12 FAQ. If nothing in music videos has changed between v11 and v12 then nothing about music videos needs to be in this FAQ.
(2012-11-20, 04:36)Ned Scott Wrote: Okay, this thread is about the upgrading to v12 FAQ. If nothing in music videos has changed between v11 and v12 then nothing about music videos needs to be in this FAQ.

Well, point in fact it seems like in Frodo I now get folder.jpg on music video in the library, where in Eden I get auto thumbnail in info views.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Hi I upgraded to Frodo beta yesterday, I am a windows user with Aeon 3.6 skin. I use bannerplex view for my TV shows and after updating it does not show the banner art on the bannerplex screen. It has correctly found (and used) all my other chosen fan art for the shows and looking at the info shows the banner art is there, it is just not being used. My Movies and Music have all updated without issue. By trying to fix this manually all I've managed to do is get the poster art crammed in the banner area (I undid this by going to no art on the poster for the show I tried this with). Any help would be appreciated.
Aeon would need to be updated for Frodo to work correctly, in this situation.
I should have known it was something simple I forgot to do. Thanks for your reply.
I am very new to the XBMC scene and am running Eden 11.0. I would like to upgrade to Frodo for the live TV features and to get TV running through my XBMC. My worry is that I have all my movies, tv shows, music and even 10 or 11 console emulators, as well as custom skin work, running off my current XBMC and am worried that if I upgrade to a new build all my settings will be reset =/ If I upgrade, will I need to start from scratch? Thanks for all the hard work XBMC is the most amazing program I have ever stumbled upon.
(2012-11-22, 01:38)QyuBurt Wrote: I am very new to the XBMC scene and am running Eden 11.0. I would like to upgrade to Frodo for the live TV features and to get TV running through my XBMC. My worry is that I have all my movies, tv shows, music and even 10 or 11 console emulators, as well as custom skin work, running off my current XBMC and am worried that if I upgrade to a new build all my settings will be reset =/ If I upgrade, will I need to start from scratch? Thanks for all the hard work XBMC is the most amazing program I have ever stumbled upon.
You won't need to start from scratch however to be safe I'd recommend you make a backup copy of your Userdata folder so if the worst happens you can easily go back to how you were. The only thing from your list that might not work is the custom skin depending on what you mean by this.

To upgrade from Eden to Frodo, must I uninstall Eden firtst or can I install over?

Also, I am running Mysql for a centralized database, will anything need to be changed there?

Thanks
You can install Frodo right on top of Eden.

Really the only thing MySQL users should change is if they use pathsubs for thumbnails: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1239326
You can install over

see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...nux#Ubuntu

xvba ppa is not official but it offers packages with a wider and better video driver range and better playback (since it has Nvidia vdpau improvements or if you use ATI it supports that better than official ppa)

idk about mysql though all the xbmc version you have will need to be same to use it.

uNi
(2012-11-18, 21:11)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-11-18, 19:33)nichaeld Wrote: Is it possible to downgrade to Eden? I can't launch XBMC, not sure if because of this or because I installed Plex
This is off-topic for this thread. Best to search for an existing thread that addresses this or post a new thread asking this question.
Or see topic 1.6 in the Frodo FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...o%29%20FAQ

Just to let the author know, "encase" should be "in case" on the question referenced above in the FAQ.
The updating notes for MySQL users is now done: HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Upgrading XBMC to v12 (wiki)

Thoughts? Anything missing or should be changed?
Looks good, perhaps the backup addon could be mentioned, as long as its maintained.

other than that looks fine to me.

great work Ned.
Thank you for fixing that page tittle for me Ned.

uNi
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ1