• 8(current)
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ
Also I had modified some files to allow me to use my old Xbox Remote Controller with XBMC. Are these files included in userdata? I just don't want to lose that setting because it was such a pain in the ass to set up.
Any files a user should edit should be in userdata (wiki) only, unless ppl go off the reservation and edit system installation files. So you tell me what you done, unless you want me to guess.
If your not sure make a full backup of the drive.

I have a feeling remote stuff has changed somewhat either way but if you have full backups of everything you can always go back, right?

I suggest you look at what may break link and examine the possible consequences.

uNi
having trouble with these lines

sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc.bin
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc.bin

Having trouble with the first line and removing my old PPA. I looked to see what PPA I have and it looks like I am on team-xbmc-ppa-lucid? Not sure if that was what I was looking for.
If your in lucid your out of luck for this. You need to use a ppa that actually has lucid packages.

Forget about first line since it wont matter anyway then.

ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-stable has lucid packages insert that with line 2 and onwards.

Also please avoid using this thread as support for this, its a FAQ thread (related to FAQ on wiki).

uNi
So upgrading from 11.0 to 12.1 screwed up my entire library.... The poster pics are all gone now and were replaced by some other crap, I have no clue where it pulls those pictures from now.
So how can I get my posters pics to show up properly again??

EDIT: Entering the library, selecting a movie --> movie information --> refresh restores my initial thumbnail. Is there a way to refresh the whole library without having to re-add all movies again causing the movies watched/ unwatched status to loose?
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
Option a)
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
Otherwise its

Option b)

Set content to none
Say no when xbmc asks to remove
Set content back to whatever it was and finally.
Say yes when XBMC asks if you want to refresh.

uNi
(2013-04-20, 17:03)uNiversal Wrote: Option a)
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
Otherwise its

Option b)

Set content to none
Say no when xbmc asks to remove
Set content back to whatever it was and finally.
Say yes when XBMC asks if you want to refresh.

uNi

thanks, option b worked, will have a look at option a later Smile
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
Lovely.

++

uNi
hi im not sure if im posting this in the right section i do apololigise if im not , i come across this XBMCv12 , the problem is when after i have downloaded it and it asks if you want the box tick to start when finished download i get this grey box with the red circle and white cross saying error unable to create GUI. EXITING
does anyone know what that is if so any help would be very grateful thankyou
Not the right place. Start a new thread.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v12 (Frodo) upgrade FAQ1