Problems with library
Hi there.

Some problems has turned up for me. XBMC stopped updating library. When I added new movies, it scanned, I saw it stop four times (there were four new movies), but it didnt write any title or anything. When I open the folder with the movies, the new ones are there next to the old ones, but with no movieposetr, fanart or anything.
So I decided to scan with movieDb instead of IMDB. Result=all movieposters and everything dissapeared. Just the rawfiles so to speak... Except the folder got a movieposter...for a a movie called "Film". And "Film" is the name of the folder (it means movies in Swedish).
And when I rescanned with IMDB it was the same...
And when I deleted the source, added it again, and rescanned with IMDB it was the same...
So now when I open the folder all my 120+ movies are there, watchable, but with no pictures, fanarts etc...

To acess my movies and TV-series I have sorted them into three folders. I click on files and the three folders show up. One is movies (named "Film"), one is tv-series(named TV-serier), and one is children movies (has my sons name). I have it organized this way to separate "Alien" from "Monsters Inc". Maybe there are more clever ways to do this, but this is the way I have done it. And it has worked fine until now...soooo whats happening here? What has happened? What setting is wrong? What button is pushed/ unpushed?

Whats more to tell? I use Eden. I dont have the movies in separate folders...I just have moved them over to the "Film" folder, sometimes with subtitles...
I know that the name has to be accurate to find the movie in IMDB...I have changed some weird looking ones before....one of the movies it couldnt find was Argo...the file was named Argo.mp4....and why on earth wont it find any of my movies now?

Oh...maybe worth posting...I´m not very interested in computers...I use them, they work for me. On the other hand...I´m not completely lost if I know what to doHuh

Well thats it

Very grateful if someone had a clue and could help me

Thanks in advance

Peter
No worries!!

I reinstalled...trying Frodo also. Dont like it as much as the Eden...cant take away "movies" and "series". Like it when I only have "files"...maybe I can figure out how to take them away...has mostly to do with parental guiding stuff...."new videos" showing Texas Chainsaw massacre...not good...

These forums seems to be for the dedicated computer people...not lame users like me...I find my answers somewhere...

Like I said....no worries...Smile

Peter
For scanning use Universal scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with library0