OS X system hang / slow down
Hi all,

OSX Version 10.8.2 (not supplimental release)
Platform: Hackintosh -- Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P (Ivy Bridge), Kingston HyperX 2x4GB ram, and i5 3570k, HD4000 graphics. I have an SSD boot drive and 3 internal data HDDs. Connected to 1080P tv via HDMI thru an AV receiver (optical / Toslink for audio).
Install Method: dmg,
SVN Revision: xbmc 11.0 git:20120321-14feb09 (compiled : Mar 22 2012 (is this the right thing to list?)
Skin name: Aeon Nox

I was watching a video in XBMC when the image froze on the screen. I still heard audio play for about 20-30 seconds. As I didn't want to spoil it, I muted for a couple minutes. unmuting Iheard some audio but seemingly coming in with stutters.

I have VNC server runing on the mac so I tried to login but that did not work.

I wound up rebooting.

I did not see a crash report, but I gathered the xbmc logs and the system logs from around the time it happened.

The older XBMC log file: http://pastebin.com/m60Rm55X see toward the bottom at roughly (well really closer to the beginning since so many errors get listed, at "20:24:19 T:2965708800 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 145 times.
" down to the end.
The current xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/DDW2dsde . It starts at 20:29, see the craziness continue. I believe I rebooted the machine at 20:29:56 T:2964111360 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--, and started up XBMC at around 20:34.

I am including a system log: http://pastebin.com/cDCTmTkF
Looking like at about "Nov 17 20:24:16 myusernames-Mac-Pro-2.local mdworker[22442]: Unable to talk to lsboxd" is when the problems start.

I've seen this happen maybe 2 times before in the last month or two.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
It says that the hardware decoder is in use by another process. Please try frodo beta1 (there won't be bugfix releases for eden anyways...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

Thank you for your response, and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

I had a couple questions and concerns that have so far made me think twice about installing the Frodo beta. But I found the Frodo FAQs and am reading them now.

So a question not on upgrading to Frodo, but on the weird system freeze crash... Since this is a home-brew mac, I'm concerned that a bad setting or faulty hardware could be to blame for these crashes, especially since it seemed impossible to recover without rebooting. Are you perhaps suggesting that there was a bug in XBMC Eden that caused my system to hang? (FWIW, I have what is considered to be "safe-for-hackintoshing" hardware)

Thanks!
I only use hacks (they count up to 3 atm) running all 3 flavours of osx and don't have problems. Though i didn't try eden for a long time.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
system hang / slow down0