DVD Folders, Playback and Thumbnails problems
I have the Apple TV 2 (Black), with XBMC 12.0 BETA 1 and nightly update from 16 Nov 2012. Before i was still running the XBMC Eden without any update and i was not experience any problem Smile

AppleTV 2 iOS 5.0.1 (4224) - Model MC572FD/A
XBMC 12.0 BETA1 Git:2012116-5ff1Bcb
Got the file in your site http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/
Installed with OSX 10.8 - Terminal - dpkg -i *xbmc*.deb
Here you can find the XBMC.LOG file, http://pastebin.com/qNsFQcmv

I always managed my Concerts without Library, accessed directly from the Video/Files Menu, then i have a SMB source configured to my harddisk. That still is working well.
Then i organise the folders as: Group/Concert/VIDEO_TS/ ... and then are the DVD original ripped files (VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_0 ... and so on) as example:
/Led Zeppelin
/Led Zeppelin/Celebration Day
/Led Zeppelin/Celebration Day/VIDEO_TS
/Led Zeppelin/Celebration Day/VIDEO_TS/then all the DVD files listed ...

Under the Folder with the concert name "/Led Zeppelin/Celebration Day" i hold the concert Cover Thumbnail as "Celebration Day.tbn"

With this structure in the XBMC EDEN version 11.0, i could navigate through the several folders (Concerts Names) and i was able to see respectively Concert Cover, and also when i pressed the folders (ex. Celebration Day) the DVD would start automatically.

Now with the XBMC FRODO 12.0 BETA 1 i can´t see the Folders/Concerts Thumbnails and also does not start the DVD when i press the OK button, instead i have to hit the menu and choose play, then works!

any ideias to help me?

Thanks for your support

Lepaka

enable stacking in the left side menu
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks MENPHIZ, how stupid (from me), with the Stack ON the folder Playback is solved Smile

missing the cover art (thumbnail) Sad

<foldername>.tbn is no longer supported. Use folder.jpg inside the folder (or poster.jpg if it's actually poster dimensions, banner.jpg if it's a wide banner, folder.jpg if it's neither).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks, it works with - poster.jpg - Big Grin

with - folder.jpg - doesn´t work.

thank you very much for your support, XBMC rocks Wink
so far so good Wink

still one detail is not working, or i dont know how to do it Rofl

when i play the DVD, and hold the "OK" button, comes up the menubar on the screen with several options, in which should show on the lower left corner the DVD icon/poster or whatever image is defined. see the picture here

how can i define this picture?

Thanks for your support

Quote:with - folder.jpg - doesn´t work.

It works fine (just not in Beta1, as there was a bug - it'll work fine in nightlies).

The streamdetails information (resolution, audio etc.) is only extracted at playback for DVD images.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My DVD files are stored on a windows home server as Audio TS and Video TS files, on the PC when I select the film I was to watch in the video files it plays the DVD and jumps to the main menu, this is what I want.
More Info: www.iphone-mac.com
i updated the iOS version with the today 21 nightly
now i use the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg files, and everything works fine except the icon on the bottom left corner.
there i get the XBMC default icon Sad http://www.flickr.com/photos/82464476@N07/8199757505/

i also updated the OSX version with the today 21 nightly
as harddisk source i use the same as for iOS, the libraries are individual, bit the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg files are the same, as they are stored in the source had disk. but in OSX works perfectly, i can see the left bottom icon, XBMC uses the file poster.jpg to show it Smile

Any clue, why doesnt work in the iOS?

Thanks guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Folders, Playback and Thumbnails problems1