Linux Frodo Beta: no ppa for Ubuntu Lucid
Question 
Hi!

I would like to install the Beta of Frodo.
I'm on Ubuntu Lucid.
Unfortunately there is no PPA for Lucid.
Is this planned for the future? It would be great if somebody would compile it and updates the Repository.

Greetings
Webrat
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Lucid is too old. Upgrade to a more current Ubuntu version if you want a PPA.
These should work too: https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...c-nightly/

I'll ask about Lucid support.
Hi again!

Thank you. The nightly build from the ppa you mentioned worked fine for me and my beloved "Lucid" :-)
Nevertheless I have to plan my update to an more actual version of Ubuntu...

Do what I did. Ditched Lucid and now on precise. Installed minimal Ubuntu 12.04 the installed xbmc via this

Then because I have a ION 1 330HT I went to town on it and got everything working and gathered the fixes on my signature.

Nothing works best., then I uninstalled the xbmc from ppa, and now compiling from main trunk, everything is sweet.

Definitely recommended You get a nice clean and no wm anywhere clustering and making my 22second boot on hdd.

In my case I have internal CIR working better than ever, + plenty of tweaks I gather in my signature are drop dead solution for the problem most everyone has.

snap

uNi
I still have Hardy on two of my XBMC boxes (ATV1's with Crystalbuntu) :)

XBMC itself doesn't really care, as long as it's compiled correctly for that version.
Found a ppa that has Lucid packages nightly only

https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...lter=lucid

Ops problem done. +1

uNi
@uNiversal: Did you use the 32 or 64 bit Edition of Ubuntu 12.04?

I have an "Asrock ION 330 HT".
I have same machine and use 32 bit as 64bit doesn't work faster or better. All the fixed needed for that machine are on my sig, and obviously Im using frodo.

uNi
Some people are stuck with lucid for the moment due to Shuttle and their crappy XS35GTv2 bios which doesn't work properly for Nvidia drivers over 195.
Has anyone packaged Frodo final for Lucid yet? I dont want to stay on the nightlies, they are quite unstable.

If no one has can someone give me a quick run down or links on how to go about compiling and packaging it. I'm assuming I can grab libshairport etc from the above PPA.
(2012-12-08, 02:43)hads Wrote: Some people are stuck with lucid for the moment due to Shuttle and their crappy XS35GTv2 bios which doesn't work properly for Nvidia drivers over 195.

I am running an XS35GTv2 with Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS (precise) and the newest Nvidia drivers and have been running that without issues.

If you need infomation on my setup I'll be willing to help you, just start a new thread where you explain the issue and PM me the link to the thread - no need to do that in this thread.
(2013-01-31, 07:24)jazd Wrote: Has anyone packaged Frodo final for Lucid yet? I dont want to stay on the nightlies, they are quite unstable.

If no one has can someone give me a quick run down or links on how to go about compiling and packaging it. I'm assuming I can grab libshairport etc from the above PPA.

Read the thread, a link was to posted a ppa that has Frodo for Lucid builds and also I have a link on my signature which shows you how to compile. Obviously only works if you actually read stuff, which appears your not Wink

uNi

(2013-01-31, 15:36)uNiversal Wrote: Read the thread, a link was to posted a ppa that has Frodo for Lucid builds and also I have a link on my signature which shows you how to compile. Obviously only works if you actually read stuff, which appears your not Wink

uNi

Excuse me? Why dont you do some reading and get off your high horse. If you are going to reply to someone and critisise them, you had better make sure that you are correct. News flash: just because I have 2 posts I am not an ibicile. I have possibly been using XBMC and Linux for far longer than you.

I asked for a packaged final version of Frodo, the PPA posted contains nightly builds which I was very explicit in saying that I do not want. Also your signiture link contains no information on packaging, which I also specifically mentioned, and the copy pasted script you provided there also compiles from the Git master branch which is not what I wanted.
(2013-02-02, 00:26)jazd Wrote: I asked for a packaged final version of Frodo, the PPA posted contains nightly builds which I was very explicit in saying that I do not want. Also your signiture link contains no information on packaging, which I also specifically mentioned, and the copy pasted script you provided there also compiles from the Git master branch which is not what I wanted.

jazd:
You could also click around a bit yourself instead of demanding everything on a silver platter. And give uNi a break, he is suffering from too-much-contact-with-simple-questions-syndrome caused by him trying to help as many people as he can since Frodo was released.

uNi:
Chill dude.

Now kiss and make up. Wink

Anywayz, to answer your question: apart from the 'XBMC Unstable PPA', Nathan Renniwaldock also runs a 'XBMC Stable PPA' which has a packaged XBMC 12 for Lucid.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta: no ppa for Ubuntu Lucid0