XBMC on the New Blackberrys
Xbmc would make the Z10 amazing. I hope someone will make xbmc compatible.
I have all the BlackBerry 10 hardware as well as time.

Learning to code is something that I need to do, however, I can test for bugs and whatnot using this hardware and my time.

BlackBerry 10 runs Android applications. I currently run a few Android apps on the hardware I own like Netflix, Instagrm, DuckDuckGo, etc...

If anybody is interested in teaming up to have the existing Android XBMC app ported over, I can help, and a great many BlackBerry users would be appreciative.

(2013-10-10, 00:04)artrafael Wrote: This is an open-source project and all the work is done by volunteers, so:
  • There's no "boss" telling others what platforms and/or features they must code for.
  • Somebody has to be interested in doing this (nobody's getting paid, so the only incentive is personal desire)
  • That somebody has to have access to the hardware (nobody's getting paid, so unless that person already has the hardware, there's no incentive to go out and buy it with their own money just for this project).
  • That somebody has to have the programming skills to do it on this platform (and the skills to know if the project is technically feasible or not)
  • That somebody has to have the free time to do it (outside of day job and family responsibilities)
  • That somebody has to have the free time and desire to continue supporting it over time to fix bugs and update it for future versions of XBMC
When all is said and done, the list of potential candidates who may be interested/able to work on this voluntarily is likely close to nil. As already stated, XBMC is open-source, so there's nothing and nobody stopping anyone from taking this project on if they truly wish to do so. Sometimes, if you really want something badly enough, you may just have to do it yourself instead of demanding others do it for you.
The android app "works" on Z10, either by:

- converting to .bar file using debug token method;
- converting to .bar file using unocked runtime; or
- direct installation as apk if running one of the latest leaks.

I put "works" in quotation marks, because while the application opens properly, it doesn't recognize your network so you can't access your library, nor can you install addons.
Check out on crackberry. There is a built version from Gotham that works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app...10-903397/

Thanks,
Charlie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on the New Blackberrys0