• 1(current)
[WIP] Slideshow screensaver
I've build xmbc from master branch the 17/11/2012, and what was my surprise when i realised that the screensaver configured on slideshow on a directory on my hdd wasn't working anymore... And, option has simply vanished in UI...Sad

Is there some work on this, or feature simply removed Huh
It was removed from xbmc core because it didn't work properly anymore. There's a screensaver addon called "screensaver.xbmc.slideshow" that replaces the removed functionality and can easier be updated independent of stable releases of XBMC so go to the screensaver settings and install the new addon.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
...........Ah...... Ok......
I'll try to figure out how to do this.
I think i'll have to download some kind of file/addon, copy it to my PC with xbmc and install it after...
I'll search and try to find out how doing this. I've never used neither install addon until now, so for now i've no idea how these things work...
But i'll find out.
No you can do it all in XBMC. You go to Settings -> Appearance -> Screensaver and click on the "Screensaver" setting. It will open a dialog with a list of available screensavers. There you'll have to go to the "Get More..." button at the bottom and press it which will bring you to the addon manager with a list of all available screensaver addons. There you click on the slideshow screensaver (don't know the exact name) which will open an info dialog where you can press the "Install" button. After it has been downloaded and installed you can press the "Back" key (backspace or escape) to get back to the settings menu where you should now be able to select the slideshow screensaver. After you've selected it you can use the "Settings" button to open the addons settings to configure it to your liking.

(see also Add-on:Slideshow (wiki))
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Strange...
I've already tried do to this, but it gives me an empty things with only "..".
BTW, my pc with xbmc is not, and will never be connected to the net.
So, am i screwed Huh?
Well if it's not connected to the internet you won't be able to download and install addons automatically. You can however download the addon from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...-0.0.1.zip and get it onto the computer running xbmc. Then you go to Settings -> Addons -> Install from ZIP and browse to the downloaded/copied ZIP file and select it which should install the addon. Unfortunately you won't be able to automatically get any updates to the addon.
Ok, thanks for these informations and your time.
I'll check out regularly the link for updates.
Is it possible for the team to add a speed option to the new slideshow? Slide and crossfade are too static to my taste, but the pan and zoom is all over the place, making it hard to view my holiday pictures slideshow Smile

edit:

the advancedsettings also don't seem to work with this screensaver. I have blackbarcompensation set to 35, to display non 16:9 fotos in full screen. Now I have big black bars to the side in slide and crossfade and smaller ones in pan&zoom (due to the zoom of course).
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Right now you can just specify the number of seconds between two images displayed in a slideshow and you can enable/disable pan & zoom. Unfortunately none of the devs really uses the picture/slideshow section so there's nobody with an interest to improve it.
(2012-11-25, 20:07)Montellese Wrote: Right now you can just specify the number of seconds between two images displayed in a slideshow and you can enable/disable pan & zoom. Unfortunately none of the devs really uses the picture/slideshow section so there's nobody with an interest to improve it.

Why not? I've got a lovely 42" electronic photo frame Big Grin

Srsly, half the time I leave my setup on to watch the random holiday picture slideshow.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
I just updated from Frodo Beta 1 to RC1 and have to say the new addon slideshow is pretty terrible when compared to the old one. The panning is too fast, it no longer fades between images when in pan / zoom mode, and it just seems to lack the overall polish that the old version had. It's bad enough that I really regret upgrading XBMC.

I'm going to have to look at the source and see if there's anything I can do about it.

Edit:
It looks like the one in the addons repo is the same as was posted to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13172 as rev 0.0.5. Now just to figure out how all this works ...
Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
Hi all,

Please get it back as I use this function very often to show random pictures when listening to music.

Thanks in advance

(2012-11-25, 22:49)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 20:07)Montellese Wrote: Right now you can just specify the number of seconds between two images displayed in a slideshow and you can enable/disable pan & zoom. Unfortunately none of the devs really uses the picture/slideshow section so there's nobody with an interest to improve it.

Srsly, half the time I leave my setup on to watch the random holiday picture slideshow.

The slideshow is one of my favorite features! It's too fast and jumpy right now. It skips as it pans, pans too fast (or maybe that's the effect of the skipping), and each picture is only up for like 2 seconds.
(2012-11-25, 22:49)Raytestrak Wrote:

Maybe the devs are spending all their time coding and answering posts and don't have time to look at pictures? Smile

Hi all,

I hope they will find some time in the near future because this is exactly my experience:The panning is too fast, it no longer fades between images when in pan / zoom mode, and it just seems to lack the overall polish that the old version had.
Is it possible to get the code from the internal add-on exactly to develop the external add-on so we get this function back again. I don't need more and i'm happy again.

Thanks
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Slideshow screensaver0