• 4(current)
[WIP] Slideshow screensaver
I have to put this down for tonight but here's a patch against r531 for what I've done so far. Images with no EXIF remain working and orientation tags 6 and 8 are working, but the rest are still broken.

http://pastebin.com/RC6YQ3Vh

I was using the test pics from here: http://www.gotow.net/creative/wordpress/?p=64

I hope that's helpful. I plan to look at it again tomorrow night after work.

Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
@0x15e,

Thanks for your work on this. Wish I had time tonight to test what you've done.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Does the full screen option differentiate between picture dimensions? Since a couple of years I'm shooting my photos as 16:9 for better viewing on the TV. I have the feeling, but I'm known to be wrong a lot, that my 16:9 images are zoomed in more than my "normal" pictures.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Argh. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. That code I posted didn't actually do anything.

Working on something functional now.
Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
XBMC's texture control should handle auto-rotation due to exif automatically anyway?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-01-09, 04:40)jmarshall Wrote: XBMC's texture control should handle auto-rotation due to exif automatically anyway?
The more I look at it, the more I think it might ... but there's still something wonky with displaying jpegs that need some exif rotation. Some conditions result in a black screen but others work fine.

Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
(2013-01-09, 04:40)jmarshall Wrote: XBMC's texture control should handle auto-rotation due to exif automatically anyway?

it does when your images are stored locally,
it doesn't when the images are stored on a remote share.

that's at least my conclusion after briefly testing it with a couple of images on a smb share.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
One example of what I'm seeing is that images that need 180 degrees of rotation just don't display, and that's when loaded from the local disk.

If xbmc is supposed to be doing this by itself anyway, maybe we're actually seeing an xbmc bug and it's just not going to load those pics right until it's fixed.

I did manage to get the conditional rotation working but it's useless because the images it needs to be rotating are just loading up black. The next thing I'll check is if maybe xbmc's own exif rotation is making the image controls need some kind of offset on the texture.

At least one thing I've found that's useful here is that switching the image controls to largeimage controls seems to have smoothed out the last of the inconsistent crossfading problems I saw.
Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
using the samples provided at: http://www.galloway.me.uk/2012/01/uiimag...le-images/

this is the result i get (most of the times):

as 0x15e mentioned, at times 180 degree rotated images are not rendered,
though i haven't found a way to make it reproducible:

one other thing i noticed is that toggling Settings > Pictures > File lists > Rotate images using exif info
has no effect at all.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-10, 23:35)ronie Wrote: one other thing i noticed is that toggling Settings > Pictures > File lists > Rotate images using exif info
has no effect at all.

Maybe I'm alone, but I think that setting is silly anyhow. If an image has EXIF to change its orientation, it just should be done. Glad to see such progress. How is the displaying of EXIF data on-screen going? Are labels for EXIF data available for use in the script-python-slideshow.xml file? Thanks for your hard work.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-01-10, 23:57)curtis-r Wrote: How is the displaying of EXIF data on-screen going? Are labels for EXIF data available for use in the script-python-slideshow.xml file? Thanks for your hard work.

which exif fields are interestingly enough to display onscreen?

there's way to much info available to show them all,
so if you could start a list of the ones that would make sense for most people,
i'll look into adding them.
(2013-01-11, 00:58)ronie Wrote: which exif fields are interestingly enough to display onscreen?

Excellent question. What I've been using was influenced by what Eden supported. I personally used date taken (slideshow.exiftime), caption (slideshow.caption), and keywords/tags (slideshow.keywords). When I tag photos (using itag), there are four places to easily insert data:
Title
Description (this is what translates to "caption")
Common Tags (this is what translates to "keywords")
Tag Bucket

Though I'm sure you are all too aware, here is the list of InfoLabels supported in xbmc, but I can't imagine that anyone would care to display 90% of them so it would probably be a waste of time to support all of them.
(2013-01-10, 23:35)ronie Wrote: one other thing i noticed is that toggling Settings > Pictures > File lists > Rotate images using exif info
has no effect at all.
Is there a way to get xbmc to output some ridiculously detailed info about what it's doing when it loads a texture?

curtis-r: Another question is where / how do you have in mind for this to be displayed? Lower-right corner, along with the file name? Somewhere else?
Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
(2013-01-11, 02:27)0x15e Wrote: curtis-r: Another question is where / how do you have in mind for this to be displayed? Lower-right corner, along with the file name? Somewhere else?

In Eden, I had modified slideshow.xml in the skin/720p folder so that in the lower-left corner it had a three lines for Description, Tag/Keywoods, and date taken. Since I didn't want it to show the time taken, I made that window narrow to only show the date. I didn't know if there was a way to code it so it only showed the first 10 characters (ie. 01/01/2013). But since this is your baby, obviously do whatever you think is best. I can always mod the code if I want to change the placement of the data. I'm just thrilled that this EXIF improvement is being done.
(2013-01-11, 02:27)0x15e Wrote: Is there a way to get xbmc to output some ridiculously detailed info about what it's doing when it loads a texture?

'fraid not. should you want to dig in the source code...

reading exif data:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...JpegIO.cpp

texture rotation:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...exture.cpp
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Slideshow screensaver0