Suggestions for Bandwidth Management?
I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion for a way to give priority to certain IP addresses while downloading with sabnzbd on another machine. I have a voip phone for my business, and every time it rings, I have to quickly pause my downloading or it's super choppy. I'm wondering if there would be a way for to have a program give bandwidth priority to my phone's IP address whenever it is in use over my htpc which is downloading.

How do you guys manager your downloads during the day when you need your bandwidth for other things?
You could limit your downloads to slightly under (50-100kB/s) your max bandwidth capacity, that's usually enough to stop other tasks from becoming unreliable.
Sabnzb + scheduling
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks for the replies! I've tried both of those options, but I'm a download junkie with an unlimited monthly quota for downloading so I'd prefer to maximize my bandwidth while I can (download at the maximum provided bandwidth at all times unless I need it for something else). Some days I may only get 4 or 5 thirty second calls on my voip phone so I hate pausing or limiting things for a 9 hour period just for 2 or 3 minutes of talking. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before my ISP starts limiting how much we can download per month (has already happened in other places in my country) so I'd like to get as much content on as possible on hard discs while I can,

I feel like there must be some way to tell my router to cut off or limit the htpc IP address which is running Sabnzbd whenever the phone's IP address needs bandwidth.
(2012-11-19, 17:35)ccalbi Wrote: I feel like there must be some way to tell my router to cut off or limit the htpc IP address which is running Sabnzbd whenever the phone's IP address needs bandwidth.
It's called QoS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_service
It all depends on if your router has support for it or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions for Bandwidth Management?0