• 2(current)
Frodo Beta1: Too many movie sets
I guess then it's a case of what should be the default. I'm just explaining why that commit was there, but no change was observed in XBMC's behavior.

The real issue here is that a lot of users who submit data to themoviedb use sets when they're not supposed to. The two examples given in this thread are prime examples of bad movie sets that go against themoviedb's guidelines. That and bad squeals we wish never happened :D

EDIT: I didn't scroll down far enough. Seems the commit was reverted.
IMDB scraper has an option to disable movie set scraping
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-20, 11:57)Martijn Wrote: IMDB scraper has an option to disable movie set scraping

Aye, but I think they're saying that they want sets data, but only if they have a set that has more than one movie.
(2012-11-20, 12:26)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-11-20, 11:57)Martijn Wrote: IMDB scraper has an option to disable movie set scraping

Aye, but I think they're saying that they want sets data, but only if they have a set that has more than one movie.

Then they should not use the set node.

Planning for post Frodo is to support set editing/adding native to XBMC so hence the need for single movie sets.
If you don't want that don't use the sets node
lol <its not a lol its a Imperial fighter.

If it was the case of one or two movies, I wouldn't have chimed in, it is like 40 new additions that contain a single movie.

In case of the argument not to use movie sets node, I hear you loud and clear, Though honestly when you want just movie sets ideally you want the node because is purely a segregation issue, that complicates navigating and sorting through a view that was previously uncluttered with useless stuff.

If I wanted to waste 15+/- clicks (via remote) to get to a movie inside a set I wouldn't use set s node and would stick to library.

IMO having single movies in sets node defeats totally the general idea of sets and redefines it with senseless data.

The ideal would be irrespective what tmdb says, xbmc should be smart enough to see thers is no 2nd movie in that set and therefore not add it to sets node.

Since I cant patch this myself, I guess solution is to waste half hour removing the sets with some tool.

hehe.

uNi

(2012-11-20, 12:55)uNiversal Wrote: Since I cant patch this myself, I guess solution is to waste half hour removing the sets with some tool.

That's your choice
hehe A choice is picking a blonde over a brunette in a club... This isn't really a choice its a botched way to fix what doesn't behave as expected.

uNi
Do you also want us to not show genres when there's only one item? What about tags? What about actors? What about directors? What about years, countries, studios? How not showing tvshows that only have a single episode?

Why are sets different? Why should we hide some but not others. Maybe you didn't know they were part of a set, and knowing that now you might go out and buy some more movies.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok ok dont bite my head off.

Of course, stupid of me to expect a movie set to actually have another set in my sources before its considered a set (like it use to). doh!

uNi

Honestly, uNiversal, your sarcasm (and yes it's very evident, even in text form) is tiresome. It's been shown that the behavior you're so unhappy with is not necessarily XBMC's fault, but rather the database sites themselves. You've also been given several solutions to the issue.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
uNi's no hater, nor is he really bitching about this so much as just stating an opinion (that he's entitled to).
Fair enough. I value his input, as he's added a lot to the community. My sarcasm meter's a little wonky...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I'm on uNi's side here.... a Box set implies more than one, they never showed up in SVN T! Eden "sets". This is one small step back IMHO.
Actually they do show in eden if you use a skin that has " movie sets". It just doesn't show if you go into regular library types.
@jmarshall
The question is not whether to display or not to display a set with a single item, the question is whether a set with a single item IS a set.
clearly uNiversal and others (including me) think not.
In my library I had some 200 odd sets and over 1/3 consisted of a single movie (I can't quite remember exactly how many because I got rid of them)

In the commit (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d245...a63bd0e38d) voyager1 (correctly IMO) commented on this specific problem and was overruled because people didn't want another option - as an aside I think XBMC should go to a Xine model where there are lots of options, but only visible if you want them to be (I love being "Master of the known universe"!
An alternative would be to make it a separate video node or a filter option for a smart node.

@uNiversal
the following SQL statement will remove all sets that have only one movie.
Code:
update movie set idset=null where idmovie in (select idmovie from (select count(*) as n,idmovie, idset from movie group by idset) where n=1)
In linux
Code:
sqlite3 ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideo72.db 'update movie .... where n=1)'
where you need to replace MyVideo72 with the current (highest #) database and don't forget to make a backup copy just in case!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Beta1: Too many movie sets0