Can't map services to channels
Man, I wish I would have found this about 40+ hours of work and time ago. I'm having the exact same problem. So is it confirmed if each channel can be added manually and mapped to service and it will work with XBMC and the HDHomerun Prime (cablecard) using the dvbhdhomerun driver? Is it possible to import a channels.conf into TVHeadend in the format listed here? http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adding_Digita...SA/Canada)

Could someone perhaps make a guide on how to manually map the channels to services etc? It seems like a lot of people are stuck at this step. At this point I would consider paying a bounty to anyone that could help me get this setup. Please PM with your price if you have gotten a similar setup to work.

Thanks.
I'm having the same issue as many others here with my setup (Rasberry Pi (model B with MPEG2 license) / OpenElec 3.2.4 / HTS Tvheadend 3.4.27 / HDHomeRun (HDHR-US)). I was able to manually map channels by doing the following:

1. Configuration -> Channel / EPG -> +Add Channel. You don't have to name each newly added channels anything in particular, unless you want to. Add one channel for each service detected. Save Changes.
2. Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> TV Adapters -> Services. For each service listed, double click the Channel Name cell, and from the drop down choose a channel name from the previous step. Save Changes.
3. I only set up one tuner for testing purposes, but I imagine that with multiple tuners, you would want to make sure that step 2 is repeated for each TV Adapter. To avoid confusion, you'll probably want to make sure that adapters with identical services have the same channel name.

In my case, this was enough for me to be able to view Live TV. As it turns out, it doesn't work very well with my setup. Live TV hangs and jitters often enough to be unwatchable. I'll assume it's because my hardware and not TVH. Of coarse this still doesn't resolve the EPG issues I have with TVH. Is there really a lack of ATSC support for TVH, or is there a known issue? I admit that I'm a noob, but it seems like resolving station info from the stream would be easier than the audio and video.
It's supposed to support it, but obviously there are quite a few unresolved bugs. The problem is that no one that develops it uses ATSC, and there's no way to even test ATSC hardware unless you're in the US.
To get things working I had to install 3.2, setup my channels then upgrade to 3.4. It was a bit of work to get everything setup but now it mostly works great.

~Jess
Rainbow 
Hey guys,

Like many of you; This wasn't working for me. But I got the thing to work perfectly by compiling the latest version (bleeding edge) of the software and replace the existing tvheadend 3.4 with tvheadend 3.9.x (I tried to run with 3.6 but it still has the issue)

Note: Because this is bleeding edge; it may not be as stable as wanted. It really depends as to when you do your checkout. If people run into issues; we could public a known-stable checking.
First; get into a command line environment

Install the package dependencies to build:
Code:
sudo apt-get install git build-essential \
  libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libssl-dev \
  libavutil-dev libavahi-client-dev libcurl3 \
  w-scan

Fetch the source code from top of tree (bleeding edge)
Code:
git clone git://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend.git

Configuration:
Code:
cd tvheadend
./configure

Next; we need to modify the code since it fails to compile as-is. Edit build.linux/config.h and append the following lines at the end of the file (you can use nano to do this if you are a noob; it's probably the easiest to use):
Code:
#ifndef __kernel_long_t
typedef long __kernel_long_t;
typedef unsigned long __kernel_ulong_t;
#endif

Compile:
Code:
make

Install the new version (Note it will install it in another spot; so the old one will still exist):
Code:
sudo su
make install
mv /usr/bin/tvheadend /usr/bin/tvheadend.old
ln -s /usr/local/bin/tvheadend /usr/bin/tvheadend
[/quote]

Naturally; it should be possible to create a package from a good compilation and share it with everyone to make the installation process even easier. Maybe the tvheadend guys would be happy to throw a .deb package up on their repo. In the meantime; theses steps should get you up and running smoothly.

Please note that the new UI is rather different and not as intuitive, but it functions well once it's setup.
There is already an unstable repo that automatically updates with the latest master each night. Generally master has been pretty stable for months. I'm running a version from before Xmas.

However there has been a burst of activity lat few weeks, so there may be some stability issues at the moment.

Adam
(2014-03-22, 14:29)adamsutton Wrote: There is already an unstable repo that automatically updates with the latest master each night. Generally master has been pretty stable for months. I'm running a version from before Xmas.

However there has been a burst of activity lat few weeks, so there may be some stability issues at the moment.

Adam

Sorry; my previous post is about running it on Raspbery Pi. You absolutely do have builds for x86 running off of master; but the RPI got ditched pretty hard a while back. I haven't seen any build since 3.4.0 for RPI. Although it's not the right fix; the stupid but slight config.h change above makes it compile without a problem.

I am seeing some instabilities. Do you know which revision you are running so I can run a relatively safe version?
Hello

I am new to linux, Debian 7.4 wheezy.

I installed TVHeadend with my Hauppauge 4000 card and get to see the channels of DVB-T, but the DVB-S with the satellite Astra 19.2 lame can not get signal.

I do something wrong? DVBT works OK, DVB-S channels detected.

Greetings and thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't map services to channels0