xbmc cec control
Hi,

When xbmc starts it turns the tv on using cec. Is there some way I could "tell" xbmc to turn the tv on without restarting xbmc? What I'm looking for is a way to tell xbmc through json rpc to turn the tv on/off. I know I can use the cec-client (part of libcec) to turn devices on/off. But I'm hoping there's some way to trick xbmc to do this for me? Smile
Thanks for any thoughts!

Br,
Jim
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve. It seems you already have options that achieve the same functionality. If you want turn the Rpi on when you turn on the tv and if you want turn off the pi when you turn off the tv, you could do this by looking at your tv-s hdmi-cec settings. Or as you stated you can configure xbmc cec setting to do this for you (System>Setting>System>Input devices>Peripherals>Raspberry pi CEC Adapter).
Maybe I should've been more clear. I want to use the pi to turn my tv on/off. I'm building a remote using iRule. My tv (sony bravia) can be turned off using a soap post, but when it's in standby mode it's not controllable over ip anymore. With hdmi cec I can turn the tv off (standby) and the on again. To build this into the iRule remote I need a way to do this over http.
I still don't get what your trying to do.
I'm trying to use xbmc to turn my tv on and off using hdmi cec, simple as that. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc cec control0