IMDB Scrapping Failure (Well Known Movies)
(2012-12-02, 10:51)olympia Wrote: Just for the records: on my test folder with 50 movies the IMDb scraper with the above patch only identifies 20 movies correctly. Still don't see the reason why Universal Scraper with IMDb fields enabled are much better for all of you...

I dont use Universal because I have some movies labeled as the IMDB link (tt1194173) and Universal never picks them up. If Universal would pick that up, I would have no problems.
(2012-12-02, 17:03)groxxda Wrote: olympia did you use the patch or did you replace it with my contents. I'm not sure if the bundled imdb.xml and the one from the repository I used match. I'm almost sure not, even though the date was identical.
If you could point me to the source of the bundled file I'll use that instead, I guess it was more advanced to prevent the wrong identification. (I'm on Gentoo and use a live build, so don't want to recompile just to get the bundled file again).

The sad hit rate is not because of the incorretly applied patch, but as a result of
- the inclusion of all the TV Episodes, Videos and Video Games
- buggy IMDb search engine

Certainly I looked at fixing the issue myself, but currently it is not possible to get back the old, very reliable hit rate.
If you remove the TV Episodes, Videos and Video Games from the search results, then you can come closer, but there is a bug in IMDb search which prevents you to get back the old behaviour. If you are submitting the search from a country which has an aka title, then IMDb will return the aka title instead of the original title.
I tried the Universal Scraper and still will not work. Either if I set it to IMDB or the TMDB I get the exact same thing I was getting before... just takes me to the screen where it asks for the name of the movie. Sad
No luck for me either with this patch although I am not sure I did it right... I just copied the text given from the dropbox site and used that as my new .xml, but still no joy.
Where do you set the scraper?
Ungh... Now I can't even get it to stop using the universal scraper, no matter how many times I choose one of the others, it just keeps using the universal one... On one system the universal scraper keeps asking me for the movie name and on another system, it just hangs on "querying..." This is starting to turn into a bigger mess than when I started! lol
I would suggest to install a clean test instance of XBMC on one of your machine and see how it works on that. I beleive something is utterly messed up on your system...

...and you are not answering my question, so I am not sure how you expect support like that!?
I didn't know your question was for me... Where do I set my scraper? As in how does one set it? Or where did I set it to scrape from? I tried Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB and TMDB and I tried the default settings. All of them do the same thing... it just asks me for the name of the movie... No matter what I type, it just keeps asking. All of my TV shows are scraping as normal though, so it is not an internet connection problem or anything like that.
My post was following yours. According to the forum etiquette this means I am replying to you.

The question was: where and how do you set/apply the scraper for a given source.
You need to use the 'change content' item from the conext menu of the source to set a new scraper.
(2012-12-04, 19:06)olympia Wrote: My post was following yours. According to the forum etiquette this means I am replying to you.

The question was: where and how do you set/apply the scraper for a given source.
You need to use the 'change content' item from the conext menu of the source to set a new scraper.

I have one question

When I change content and choose another scraper does it affect my current library, is the new scraper going to search from the beggining or it just continues. I ask because i have arround 1300 movies from which i watched arrond half of that and i hate to loose the watched/unwatched status and also i would have to go title by title to check is everything ok (and for sure change some wrong results).

If it just continues where the IMDB stopped than it is perfect, otherwise maybe it is better for me to wait for IMDB to be fixed , if it is in some reasonoble time

And i ask for one advice - If i have to change scraper which should i choose (what is the best one to keep my library also when going to 12 frodo because i had some issues when i was upgrading to eden)
First of all, don't expect IMDb to be fixed soon. It's not easily fixable. The quality of their search engine dropped a lot.
If you change scraper it won't affect your already scraped movies (if you choose not to re-scrape the source when asked).
(2012-12-05, 13:52)olympia Wrote: First of all, don't expect IMDb to be fixed soon. It's not easily fixable. The quality of their search engine dropped a lot.
If you change scraper it won't affect your already scraped movies (if you choose not to re-scrape the source when asked).

thanx, i will switch then to universal scraper
issue fixed .....
(2012-12-10, 00:19)SmokinGunz420 Wrote: issue fixed .....

So fixed means... The add on is fixed?
The IMDB scraper (vers. 2.6.2) is still broken in xbmc repository.

KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
(2012-12-11, 21:54)Ipaddle Wrote:

No, it means that his original question in that post has been resolved. SmokingGunz420 originally stated in that post that he was having trouble switching to the Universal Scraper. He subsequently figured it out (how to change scraper) and, consequently, revised that post so other members don't waste their time trying to respond to a moot question.

(2012-12-11, 22:05)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 21:54)Ipaddle Wrote:

No, it means that his original question in that post has been resolved. SmokingGunz420 originally stated in that post that he was having trouble switching to the Universal Scraper. He subsequently figured it out (how to change scraper) and, consequently, revised that post so other members don't waste their time trying to respond to a moot question.

Thanks a lot. Blush

KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Scrapping Failure (Well Known Movies)1