How to avoid directory name getting scraped?
Question 
Hello,

in my XBMC (Frodo beta 1), my main source for TVshows is defined as /mnt/NAS_videos/TVshows/, but I have defined some extra sources, e.g. I have /mnt/NAS_videos/Cooking for culinary programs, etc.
All sources are scraped with thetvdb.com

Now the issue I have is that also the directory name /mnt/NAS_videos/Cooking/ is getting scraped and a search for a title name is run:

Code:
22:04:12 T:2967464816   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/mnt/NAS_videos/Cooking/'
22:04:12 T:2967464816   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Cooking' using The TVDB scraper (path: '/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.4.2')
22:04:12 T:2967464816   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=cooking&amp;language=en</url>

Now, unfortunately, there is a show named 'Pro at cooking' that matches the search, and because of that, I end up with a 'fake' show added to the list of tv shows.

How can I avoid that XBMC even tries to scrape for that directory name (but it does for the shows contained in it)?
I tried to create a nfo file as /mnt/NAS_videos/Cooking/.nfo and one as /mnt/NAS_videos/Cooking.nfo to intercept the search but it did not work.
Or should I play with the advancedsettings.xml ?
You bring up the context menu for your TV shows source, select "Change content", enable "Exclude path from library updates" and specify the path for your "Cooking" folder.
Thanks, but it didn't work. I noticed also that as soon as XBMC was detecting that /mnt/NAS_videos/Cooking/ was associated with a specific show, it was not even trying to look at subdirectories for other possible shows names.
As a workaround, I changed my container directory as CookingTV, so to avoid the false match.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to avoid directory name getting scraped?0