Virgin Media Player (UK)
Hello all.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way of getting Virgin Media Player on XBMC?

It is found here. I know there are plugins for other TV services like Sky Go and Iplayer etc, but is there anything for Virgin?

It is the one found here >> http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/?vmsrc=ply-1

Thanks for any help.
I would also very much like to see Virgin TV Anywhere plug-in, if possible <3 .
just played around with an alpha version for ya :

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F7...4CDAD3!177

here ya go stick that in root c: or the xbmc directory then run xbmc advanced launcher and select the virgindemandlive1.1A.exe file

not really coded much just seeing how easy it was to create.

M

can't test any further as i dont have a virgin media account unless someone fancies giving me theirs for testing purposes? email me [email protected] and il work on it some more. Kinda stuck at the min.
I'm not totally sure how to use advanced launcher. When I tried to use it it said 'script failed addon py' and wouldn't load. I didn't know what platform to choose when setting it up either.

Thanks for trying though, really appreciate it.
(2012-11-27, 03:33)Sharpey Wrote: I'm not totally sure how to use advanced launcher. When I tried to use it it said 'script failed addon py' and wouldn't load. I didn't know what platform to choose when setting it up either.

Thanks for trying though, really appreciate it.

the addon.py error is because it not in the root directory.

Place the virgin exe in the c:

then run advanced launcher and select pc executable then ibm compat, then root dir for art ect and again and thats it , come out of that to main menu and select programs and adv and the icon will be there.
OK. I have tried that, but I'm still getting the same error message.
(2012-11-27, 18:48)Sharpey Wrote: OK. I have tried that, but I'm still getting the same error message.

does it run standalone by just double clicking on the exe ?

what operating system / proc are you using ?

M
You mean outside of XBMC? No it does not, says it's not compatible with the version of Windows I'm running (Vista Home Basic). I am using XBMC 11 Eden.
(2012-11-28, 02:41)Sharpey Wrote: You mean outside of XBMC? No it does not, says it's not compatible with the version of Windows I'm running (Vista Home Basic). I am using XBMC 11 Eden.

if you right click on the file it say run in compatability mode and run in vista..i checked it and it worked on my mates vista home ?

M

il re write it as a 32 bit app in ten mins
ok ive compiled the 32 bit version now on xp sp3 x86 version link below.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F7...4CDAD3!177

regards

M
OK great, thanks.

I have tried it on my Windows PC version. It runs outside and in XBMC, where it opens up a seperate window from XBMC in Internet Explorer to the VM Anywhere homepage. Once logged in it asks for me to update to the latest version of flash player but I assume it will work as it does on my Firefox which has the latest. However, it lists a lot more channels than what is currently available on the service which I find a bit odd.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.
thats as far as i can go without a test login.

M
Not a problem, it seems to work from I can tell at the moment. Thanks a lot.

I am getting a trojan warning from Malwarebytes for it though?
(2012-11-30, 13:23)Sharpey Wrote: Not a problem, it seems to work from I can tell at the moment. Thanks a lot.

I am getting a trojan warning from Malwarebytes for it though?

there def isnt one there are lots of ppl who have used my exes on here and you 1 of 2 thats picked that up.

def no virus i doubled checked..

m
OK, no worries mate, sometimes they pick up random things.

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Virgin Media Player (UK)0