Installing HDD into Silverstone ML03?
hey guys

so I am installing SSD and HDD into silverstone ml03

I am installing the SSD into the plastic bracket, and I was gonna install the HDD under the DVD bracket only problem is there no way to screw the HDD into place...it sits ok under the DVD bracket without screws is that what your suppose to do in this case would it be fine to leave it like that?

thanks
Secure the HDD by whatever means you can.

If anything can flop around or be 'sticky-taped' to the side of the case let it be the SSD since it is very light and has no moving parts after all.

A loose HDD will fail in short order.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Cable ties Smile
I will give the Cable ties a goSmile
You should be able to screw the HDD to the base of the case, there are holes for this already.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Not only are there holes for it already, but your case comes with the screws and rubber inserts for the holes that are there.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-11-23, 12:02)DavidT99 Wrote: You should be able to screw the HDD to the base of the case, there are holes for this already.

David

the holes on the bottom of the case don't match up to the HDD
Take a look at where I installed the SSD and HDD. Both are firmly secured and screwed down.
See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130914&page=4
Or use velcro Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing HDD into Silverstone ML03?0