xbmc on second monitor
I am running eden 11.0 rc2 I am having a LOT of trouble getting XBMC to stay on my 2nd monitor. I have an LG 3d tv as the 2nd monitor. If I drag xbmc to the 2nd monitor it will open up and run there. I can do windowed and full screen mode and it stays on the 2nd monitor. if I turn on my 1st monitor, then if I select windowed mode or full screen OR just exit XBMC when I reopen it opens on the 1st monitor. It appears tottaly random when it will or will not stay on the 2nd monitor. I tried the advancedsettings setting to force it to monitor 2 to no avail. I tried using AMD hydragrid to attach it to the grid on the 2nd monitor to no avail. Somebody said Eden has a setting that selects 2nd monitor. I do not see such a setting. under system whatsoever. I can change resolution and tell xbmc to blank the 1st monitor, but no option to select 1st or 2nd monitors. I tried the confluecne vertical and the Aeon Nox skins as well.
I also have amd catalyst set to span monitors that did not help either.
How can I force XBMC to stay on the 2nd monitor and NEVER EVER jump to the 1st one?
Thanks all.
-Stampee
Settings/System/Video output (wiki)

Also, Eden RC2 is old. You should update to the final v11 Eden stable (RC stands for Release Candidate, so it has bugs still).
There are a lot of threads with a similar theme. Maybe the LG TV is not seen when it is off, so XBMC jumps back to the monitor 1.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104790&page=2
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
Thank you ned and eric.
I just updated to eden official release. It did not help. I then downloaded frodo to no avail.

I do not have that display as shown in the wiki. I have no "display mode" Setting
and the "display" line shown on my confluence is called "resolution"
What he heck is going on?
-Stampee

here is an image of what I see on my video settings page.
Thanks

-Stampee
Is the TV on and connected before you open XBMC? XBMC only looks for monitors when it starts up.
yes it is on and open. I have tried confluence and aeon skins and neither show the display mode options that the wiki shows.
-Stampee
do you have your desktop in extended mode? WIN KEY- P, after that go in xbmc system/settings/video output/display mode and set it to Full Screen #2
Boomslogo: I am in extended mode and have been since the very first. I do not have an output display mode. I only have what is seen in the image I posted.
After a week straight of messing with this XBMC BUG I am ready to dump this entire circus and go to a new media player. I still am fighting the darn lousy crappy transparent bars on the sides of all 3d videos XBMC insists on placing on them as well.
-stampee
okay
I guess I need to post this as a bug report. My brothers XBMC has the display mode as well. Apparently I am the only person in the free world that does not Sad

-Stampee
I guess I need to post this as a bug report. My brothers XBMC has the display mode as well. Apparently I am the only person in the free world that does not Sad

-Stampee
HI guys..
I'm running XBMC on mac.. for me to be able to set my second monitor a Sony TV as the fullscreen default. Within the XBMC programme I simply went to.
System (main menu)
System
Video Output
Display mode and selected 'full screen #2'

Not sure if this is a recent update.. but no script in terminal required.. enjoy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on second monitor0