How to disable LNB voltage in TVHeadend?
Hi,

I tried to register on the TVHeadend forum but was unable - filled in the registration page and got an error saying 'Missing captcha' even tho there was no captcha field to fill in...?!

So I am hoping someone on here might be able to help.

I have a dish pointing at a satellite (down here in NZ) which feeds both Sky and Freeview channels. I have a single feed from the dish coming down to an all-power-pass 1-2 splitter which feeds (1) my Sky decoder and (2) my HTPC with a DVB-S tuner (running TVHeadend).

If both are connected I get pixilation and sound dropouts in the Sky feed, but if I unplug the HTPC (but leave the Sky feed running through the splitter) I get a perfect signal.

After some reading online I think it maybe something to do with interference from the HTPC - in particular the fact the HTPC DVB-S tuner is sending a LNB voltage signal as well as the Sky box, thus causing the problem.

A few people have suggested disabling the LNB voltage signal on TVHeadend since the Sky box is sending the signal already. However I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. I have search high and low and there doesn't seem to be any documentation about this sort of thing.

The LNB polarisation options are just Horiz, Vert, Circ Left and Circ Right. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Many thanks,
Ben
Is this not possible with TVHeadend? It seems such a simple thing I expected to get some feedback right away - or am I missing something here? Everyone I have spoken to about my issue seemed to think it is a pretty common function of any DVB-S tuner software to disable the LNB voltage - but unfortunately none of them use TVHeadend.

Help?!
You can't tune to multiple channels off one feed, no matter if you use a splitter or not. You're better off looking up how to decrypt the Pay TV channels using software on your HTPC.
(2012-11-23, 11:15)Begall Wrote: You can't tune to multiple channels off one feed, no matter if you use a splitter or not. You're better off looking up how to decrypt the Pay TV channels using software on your HTPC.

I am no expert in this stuff by any means, and perhaps I haven't explained my setup correctly, but I can definitely have multiple feeds from the one dish - but only because that dish (and the various feeds) is pointing at a single satellite, that is providing both my PPV and Freeview channels.

The Sky box has 4 tuners which are all fed from the one dish feed, and they can all be tuned to different channels. Adding the Freeview tuner (via my HTPC) definitely works - I have got it working - it is just when I do this the Sky feed gets some interference - short freezes and sound dropouts.

I gather from the lack of responses that it is just not possible to disable the LNB voltage in TVHeadend?
This is not tvh support forum, maybe head over to freenode IRC and look for #hts in there... I am sure you will get all the answers you need
For what it is worth, I resolved this by using a single power-pass splitter. The Sky feed can supply the LNB voltage and the HTPC happily receives the signal with no degradation to either.

I have been unable to register on the HTS forum to post a question there - and couldn't figure out the Freenode IRC thing. Surprised at how difficult it was to get any support/help for TVHeadend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable LNB voltage in TVHeadend?0