Win Control Issues with Windows 8 Tablet (Acer W700)
Montellese is on the case. He asked some Team members to help him out with this test build (it's just for testing touch, I have no ideas if it has any other issues or will burn your house down, etc), so give it a shot and see if you guys have any luck too. http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3..._win32.exe

Quote:Things to test would be:
  1. single touch (anywhere like with the mouse)
  2. long press to bring up the context menu of a library item
  3. swipe left/right (confluence main menu or when looking at a picture)
  4. panning in a list to scroll (with or without inertial scrolling)
  5. zoom/pinch with two fingers when looking at a picture
  6. rotating with two fingers when looking at a picture
New test build http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3..._win32.exe
I tested the build with Confluence and re-Touched and the video controls now work with touch on a Surface Pro. I could not get the picture gestures to work...only a long press would take me back to the list. Thanks to the Awesome XBMC team for working on this
Here's a new build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3..._win32.exe
I tested the new build and I do get gestures with pictures but can not get the swipe to work for next picture...maybe I am doing something wrong
(2013-03-30, 15:54)drummer1 Wrote: I tested the new build and I do get gestures with pictures but can not get the swipe to work for next picture...maybe I am doing something wrong

we are working at that atm
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-03-30, 15:55)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-03-30, 15:54)drummer1 Wrote: I tested the new build and I do get gestures with pictures but can not get the swipe to work for next picture...maybe I am doing something wrong

we are working at that atm
thx to Montellese Windows gesture control will probably be merged this month.
I will post a build so you guys can try it out.
Here is the build from current git master branch and containing the swipe patch :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjos0m4yjfa314...2fe-dx.exe

you can also swipe up/down on the left/right side of the screen to turn picture 90 degrees
Thanks Martijn...tested this on the Surface Pro and the picture gestures work as you described. Thanks again.
I tested the latest monthly cycle and it does have the fix for playback controls but not the picture gestures. I went back to the last file Martijn post above. Can we get notification when all the fixes are in the monthly cycle or nightlies?
Unreal thanks heaps for this, yep the OSD movie controls now work perfectly! JACKPOT, thanks heaps guys. Really liking XBMC on the Dell touch screen, will make a great media PC for the outdoor area!
To update. This has been merged into mainline code so i am going to remove that build soon.
If you can't download it anymore you need to start the normal nightly builds again.
Just grabbed the latest nightly 4/08 and it's working now on my surface which is awesome, however i sill see the mouse cursor everywhere i touch, any way to turn the cursor off if we are using a touch interface?
Just tried the last alpha build posted on the home page, and the touchscreen controls work during playback now. Although the minor issue with the side drawer popping out when navigating menus is still there and the mouse cursor is always jumping around, not a big deal. Scrolling without having to use the scroll bar would be cool.

But hey, at least its finally usable on my tablet, which is awesome! XBMC = Best media player EVAR!
I am using an msi AE2220 all in one touch running win7. With versions 9 and below i could use the swipe function anywhere on the screen when going trough cd's and movies.
Used this version for a long time because after that i could only use the scrollbar on the right.

But because of the android app, I installed the latest version (12.2) and the touch 'problem' is back. I notice that the problem occurs when the mouse cursor is present.
So when the cursor fades i can swipe anywhere on the screen until i release my finger. When the cursor fades again.. etc...
I tried the link from Martijn but that didn't fix it. I'm using pm3.HD as skin.

Anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Using the whole screen to go through stuff makes it much more fun (and easier when friends are over and whisky was used, @!#$ small scroll bar :-)

There is no other software that can do so much and looks so smooth as XBMC !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Issues with Windows 8 Tablet (Acer W700)0