Remote Control
Hi

Whats the best remote control to be used with a Raspberry PI and OpenELEC? I am sure i have a Microsoft Media remote, however do i just get an IR receiver and it will work?

Need something for testing at the moment.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
Hi
Use your tv remote Smile Im not sure what the TV/Monitor requirements are, but with my TV the tv remote controls openelec via the inbuilt CEC hw on the pi
CEC is the best control.

CEC is amazing.
Well heres a turn up for the books....

I have a fairly new Sony TV (1 year old), HDMI to the RPI, the TV remove works XBMC, no receiver needed, has to be comming down the HDMI cable! Thanks for the heads up, i have remove control now and didnt need to buy anything.
Many Thanks
Ashley

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up.

Quote:via the inbuilt CEC hw on the pi
?

Wozza_au can you elaborate? I have a Toshiba TV and a couple of Pi's running Xbian, Is this something I can take advantage of?

My Ebay remote died this week and I've been trawling over the forums for a good remote recommendation, and I found this, which is VERY INTERESTING!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Big Grin

Thanks,

Handaloo
(2012-11-30, 12:40)Handaloo Wrote: Wozza_au can you elaborate? I have a Toshiba TV and a couple of Pi's running Xbian, Is this something I can take advantage of?

If your TV supports CEC then yes. Toshiba might call it REGZA-Link. Do a search for your TV model number and CEC or REGZA-Link and see if it is supported.
(The user manual will probably mention it).

thank you sir! Big Grin

I'll check tonight based on the TV. Its a budget Toshiba LCD so I'm not holding out too much hope, but it'll be a massive bonus if I can get it working.

(2012-11-24, 10:53)Wozza_au Wrote: Hi
Use your tv remote Smile Im not sure what the TV/Monitor requirements are, but with my TV the tv remote controls openelec via the inbuilt CEC hw on the pi

Huh i always thought you ned to buy a cec adapter? Like the one from pulse eight? Didnt know that the PI has that already built in.

(2012-12-02, 12:53)madpanter Wrote: Huh i always thought you ned to buy a cec adapter? Like the one from pulse eight? Didnt know that the PI has that already built in.

Mine comes up at the lower right and says this service is activated once the front end starts
Many Thanks
Ashley

Anyone with a Panasonic TV been able to get their remote work with their Pi??
I have a Panasonic ST50 and CEC works out of the box.
It is called Viera-Link, but I only used that the first time. Now all I have to do is change the channel to the Pi and CEC works automatically.

I also have a Samsung in my bedroom, tried CEC and it worked out of the box as well.

I use both RASPBMC and OpenElec, both work just fine.

You can also use the Remote.xml to change or add functions.
How did you configure it to work ?

When I start my Pi up I get a CEC notification (Pulse Eight config updated or something or other) but tried the TV remote and get no activity.

Any ideas?
To be honest, this is one of those things that I did not learn so much about since it just worked out of the box.

Anyway, if you have a Viera with CEC-support you should have a function called Viera-Link.
If you have a CEC-device or adapter connected the TV should recognize it.

I guess that the first time you need to activate it in Viera-Link.
I have a Viera Connect button, the Viera Link comes up to the far left when I push it.

If you get this to work you have the CEC settings in XBMC -> Settings -> System ->Input devices -> Peripherals

Edit: Oh, sorry. I thought you were the one with a Panasonic, but perhaps you have another TV.
(2012-12-11, 13:12)miappa Wrote: You can also use the Remote.xml to change or add functions.

Hello, how can you find the "name" of the button ?
( I have a button on my CEC remote that apparently does nothing in xbmc, so i should want to assign a function to this button ... but i don't know is "name" )

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control0