Frodo and HD standard color space?
Particularly when it's easy enough to get your drivers to display full-range RGB, if your willing to use google.
It's bad for Intel GPU users since current windows drivers sent only limited range though HDMI and no way to change it to full range RGB. So for now my TV which can't set colorspace it takes will playback everything dark blue when it supposed to be black.

My temporary solutions are

1.) use DVI instead.
2.) use DSPlayer and insert FFDshow to do colorspace conversion
3.) Use XBMCBuntu (but there are other problems which make it less appeal)

Now I'm putting in NVidia card to fix the problem. But it such a shame because HD4000 works so well except this problem.
See your other post - we support this in master.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Any chance of a simple greyscale pattern that can be viewed from within Xbmc.
Just read that RGB 16-235 has been inplented in XBMC Gotham, thats great Smile

After reading this thread I want to clearify one thing.

If you send the signal as RGB 0-255 which is as RGB 16-235 exept that the references for black and white is moved, the signal WILL BE CUT in the top and bottom.

The naming RGB normal and RGB expanded is so bad !!!, it makes people believe that there is something better with expanded.
Sorry to start this thread again but I can't find a better spot and I'm still confused. I have a pansonic tcp58v10 which as far as I know does not display full range rgb - I used this to test - http://www.nicolaspeople.com/ch3rokeesblog/?p=16

I set my radeon 6550 to rgb full pixel format and could not see all the boxes on top line so I changed it to RGB Limited and I could. So, am I correct in assuming that my display DOES NOT display full range rgb?

I'm trying to get the best settings for XBMC as that's mainly what I used my TV for. I notice that if I change the color space to limited, xbmc looks washed out. If I set it to full, it look better with darker blacks. I guess I'm just wondering what the correct setting should be for my display? Maybe I just like a crushed picture and I should set my gpu to limited rgb?

Any help would be appreciated as I've been wondering this for quite a while...

BTW I'm using Frodo on windows 8...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo and HD standard color space?0