Bug: Adding favorites to home menu (5.0.1 & Frodo beta 1)
I'm using 5.0.1 and Frodo beta 1.
I can't add favorites on my home menu, is this a known bug?
I made a smart playlist, made it favorite. and when I go into settings -> skin settings -> Menu - costum 1, nothing happens when I push enter to add the favorite.
(2012-11-24, 14:52)Stefanaleks Wrote: I'm using 5.0.1 and Frodo beta 1.
I can't add favorites on my home menu, is this a known bug?
I made a smart playlist, made it favorite. and when I go into settings -> skin settings -> Menu - costum 1, nothing happens when I push enter to add the favorite.

it's hard to tell without a Debug Log.

would you mind trying with the latest (not yet released) version of the favourites script:
script.favourites-4.0.4.zip

if it still fails with v4.0.4, please post a Debug Log
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
This script solves it.
Thank you.
Is there any update on this bug? I am running rc3 and encountering the same problem. I tried to download the file script.favourites-4.0.4.zip, but I think the attachment was removed.
(2013-01-10, 02:19)volarium Wrote: Is there any update on this bug? I am running rc3 and encountering the same problem. I tried to download the file script.favourites-4.0.4.zip, but I think the attachment was removed.

if it's not already installed, get the latest version here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.favourites/
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm running version 5 of the Transparency Skin and XBMC 12 RC3, and I am also having this problem. I downloaded the script and overwrote the version in my XBMC directory, but it still does nothing.

Essentially, when I go to Settings > Skin > Menu, and click on any of the options to add Favorites (either as a Custom or as a favorite in a submenu), nothing happens. I can add AddOns and folders and whatnot, but no Favorites. And yet, the Favorites are working. When I go into Favorites, I can see all of the items I have selected as favorites.

Ideas?
please post a full Debug Log of the problem and i'll have a look.
Thanks, I'll pull it and post when I get home this afternoon.
Here it is. Thanks for your help.

http://pastebin.com/zdbCV4TL

(2013-01-16, 01:14)rampsputant Wrote: Here it is. Thanks for your help.

http://pastebin.com/zdbCV4TL

you're supposed to reproduce the error so i can see it in the log,
not just starting and stopping xbmc ;-)
The thing is, I don't get any error message. Simply, nothing happens.

I go to Settings > Skin Settings > Menu, select Custom, Check to enable, click on Favorites, and nothing happens.

Clicking Favorites under any of the other submenu items in the Skin Settings>Menu area does the same thing - nothing.

Under the home screen, when I select Favorites, it does bring up my list of favorites.

Here's a new Pastebin of the log file, in case I screwed up the last one.
Thanks for looking into this. I'd really like to use Transparency for its customizeable veritical menu
http://pastebin.com/MByVtXmZ
hmmm...interesting one...
could be a corrupt addon database.

delete: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\Addon15.db
and restart xbmc.

let me know if that fixes it or not.
You, sir, are a wizard. Deleting the database file and restarting appears to have solved the problem.

As soon as XBMC started, it identified that I had a bunch of broken add-ons active. I disabled most of them and then the Menu customization features worked properly.

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug: Adding favorites to home menu (5.0.1 & Frodo beta 1)0