how to add windows share to Videos? (openELEC)
Hi

I have RPI running from DHCP, it can see the internet, i can see it from windows (windows machine using UNC \\openelec), however when i try to add a video UNC in XBMC it will only show me WORKGROUP, i have no way of browsing the Windows network, how is this done?
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
Hi
use the search Smile I use SMB shares .......there is plenty of info on the net for pros and cons of different setups
try this for starters http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63123
Selecting WORKGROUP from the SMB browser (when you add a source) should list the available SMB shares on the network. The Zeroconf browser might also work on machines that have bonjour/zeroconf installed.
Hi

Thanks for the input, however my particular problem has been fixed now i upgraded to v12.0 b1 g914e708

When i now use SMB to browse i see all the domain, added to this i since found out my Active Directory controller had been rebooted and wasnt working correctly so might have been that problem as well.

I now see "WORKGROUP" and my network, i moved this box out of "workgroup" however that didnt seem to work, no matter i can now see my network...
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to add windows share to Videos? (openELEC)0