Win Buffering issues in Windows only
Hi,

I'm running a fresh install of Windows 7 and XBMC 12.2 with the cmyth (from the built-in 12.2 add-ons -- v1.6.10) Live TV add-on. I have a MythTV 0.26 backend running on the local network (100mbps connection on this PC) on a FreeBSD 9.1 server. When attempting to play live tv or recordings from my MythTV backend, it goes into an endless loop of buffering for ~15 seconds then playing for ~15 seconds and back to buffering. The video seems to play just fine for the 15 seconds that I do get -- ie no choppiness. Also, I can stream full-size MKV blu-ray rips from the same server via an SMB share in XBMC

Both Mythbuntu and OpenELEC play live tv and recordings on this same PC flawlessly. I can also play these same video files in VLC via an SMB share just fine. So, the issue seems to be with the Windows version of XBMC and/or cmyth. Is there some kind of Windows-specific configuration that I'm missing or tweaks that I can try?

Also, in case this information is relevant, I get messages in the mythbackend logs on the server saying "MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 75!" whenever an XBMC frontend connects, regardless of whether it's Windows or OpenELEC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: I'm in the US and my TV source is over-the-air broadcasts, which results in mpg (MPEG-2 I think?) files.
A debug log (wiki) may help diagnose this.

That error message is (I think) related to the standard way to query the protocol version the backend uses, ie you try to connect with a silly number like 8 and the server replies, "no we do 75" and the client then knows to use protocol version 75. In other words I think it is harmless.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply. I enabled logging, restarted XBMC, then went straight to playing a MythTV recording from the backend. Here is my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30152

These are two lines that get repeated that seem interesting to me, though I'll admit I'm not versed in reading XBMC logs or debugging XBMC itself:

00:21:31 T:3500 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity1 - was:521471.844467, should be:152244.777776, error:-369227.066691
00:21:31 T:3500 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Also noticed that XBMC 12.2 uses cmyth 1.6.9 as opposed to OpenELEC's 1.6.10 that I remembered seeing... just in case this makes any difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issues in Windows only0