Custom Menu Item Question!
Hi,

Ive just come across this skin after using Aeon Nox for over a year, and not really finding any other skins until now that suited my liking! Well to be honest this ones surpassed my liking by some distance! Big Grin So excellent job!

However, ive come across a problem after ive been through and permanently set this skin up to use on my openelec 2.0 install on my HTPC.

1. Ive added some Main Menu items, but i can not find any way to add submenus to these custom menus. Im adding the new custom Main Menu items by linking to Playlists, but i also need additional submenu items also linked to my playlists! Which is how i had my setup in Aeon Nox. Please tell me how i can go about doing this even if its low level editing of xml files!

2. When i enable Show Latest/Random Movies/TV Shows on main menu. The views im seeing are buggy, is this because skin is not properly supported on openelec? Basically, i see one box on the right side, clicking up from main menu into the box shows the movie info on left side, however problem is that all the movies names should be in this widget box, but the names are floating at the top right, just on top of the widget area!! and i can still click through them.

Also changing the option to make the widget large in settings does nothing i believe when i tested it!
Weird issue 2 seems to solve itself today when i booted up the device! perhaps just needed a reboot?!

As for issue 1, ive looked some more but can not find any way to add these submenu playlists/favourites on custom menu items!

Please guys need some help!

thanks
There is not the ability to add custom sub menus at this time...
-stoli-
Thanks Stoli for the feedback, is there a way i can manually add them though through the GUISettings.xml file?

Im really finding this to be the best skin to show off my xbmc setup, but in terms of functionality its lacking just because of the missing sub menus and there not being enough main custom menus.

One other thing, there is a total of 5 custom main menus that we are allowed to add. Everytime i try to add the 5th one (from playlist), it adds two of the same to the main menu (one after another) - when you click on the first option it automatically starts playing the first video listed in that playlist, where as the second duplicate menu functions correctly (as it takes you to the playlists library - which is what its supposed to).

thanks
Hi Stoli,

Is there any chance that when you update the skin for frodo this month, can you please add the option to include submenus for a custom menu (either playlist [prefered] or favourite), please could you do this as its an essential requirement to use this skin properly and to its full potential!

I just want a custom menu to have more options to choose from just like you currently have for Movies and TV shows menu items.

Thanks a lot

PS: if you dont think it will be possible right now, then please let me know also so that i dont wait and anticipate the feature!
My issue is I added PseudoTV to Favorite then made a custom home button Favorites 1 label PseudoTV then when I click set fav test it shows PsedudoTV. I assume it getting that from Favorite. I hit esc and I am back at the home menu. I see the label and I click and nothing starts.

However if I click Favorite then on the program it lauches. I also added it as a sub menu under addon and it works, So why isn't the custom Favorite 1 button working? What am I missing or doing wrong?

Update: I figure it out had to click on the name when testing enter did add the path. Smile
@stoli:

AWESOME SKIN!!!!

Even passes the WAF and everything. Happy camper here. Would like the ability to add custom submenus under custom menu items, would make it easier for lesser used shortcuts like "reddit videos" which I love.
(2012-12-15, 03:05)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Stoli,

Is there any chance that when you update the skin for frodo this month, can you please add the option to include submenus for a custom menu (either playlist [prefered] or favourite), please could you do this as its an essential requirement to use this skin properly and to its full potential!

I just want a custom menu to have more options to choose from just like you currently have for Movies and TV shows menu items.

Thanks a lot

PS: if you dont think it will be possible right now, then please let me know also so that i dont wait and anticipate the feature!

Hi, you can very easily add these sub-menus yourself.

Just install microsoft xml notepad, and you are ready to edit the necessary files.

open up Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml and add the following code after the DVD submenu control. (after modifing it to your liking of course).

If you study the xml file in XML notepad, you pretty much understand how it is built, and you can customize the hell out of it, and basically make it exactly the way you want it set up, with main and submenus up the yazoo!

Code:
<!--Custom Playlist 1
-->
<control type="wraplist" id="9015">
<posx>-30</posx>
<posy>30</posy>
<width>1380</width>
<height>465</height>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<onleft>9015</onleft>
<onright>9015</onright>
<onup>301</onup>
<ondown>301</ondown>
<focusposition>2</focusposition>
<scrolltime>200</scrolltime>
<preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
<itemgap>0</itemgap>
<!--
The hasfocus (21) references Content ID 21 under wraplist ID 301, which is Playlist 1. Hasfocus(22) would be playlist 2 etc.
This way you can continue to copy this control as many times you like to make sub menus to all of your playlist main menues.
-->
<visible>Container(301).HasFocus(21)</visible>
<itemlayout width="320" height="245">
<control type="group">
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>-5</posy>
<control type="label">
<!--Unfocused
-->
<width>320</width>
<height>56</height>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
<align>center</align>
<font>Font_Bartowski_Main_SubMenu</font>
<textcolor>grey3</textcolor>
</control>
</control>
</itemlayout>
<focusedlayout width="320" height="515">
<control type="group">
<posx>20</posx>
<posy>-5</posy>
<control type="label">
<!--Focused
-->
<width>320</width>
<height>56</height>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.label]</label>
<align>center</align>
<font>Font_Bartowski_Main_SubMenu</font>
<textcolor>mainblue</textcolor>
</control>
</control>
</focusedlayout>
<content>
<!--Her are the actual sub menues to Main Menu ID 21. Each Item is a sub menu. Make as many as you wish.
-->
<item id="1">
<label>Engelske Barnefilmer</label>
<visible>true</visible>
<!--Here you put the playlist. Make sure to make the playlists you want submenus for beforehand.
-->
<onclick>ActivateWindow(video,special://profile/playlists/video/BarneFilmer Engelsk Tale.xsp,return)</onclick>
</item>
<item id="2">
<label>Norske Barnefilmer</label>
<visible>true</visible>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(video,special://profile/playlists/video/BarneFilmer Norsk Tale.xsp,return)</onclick>
</item>
</content>
</control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Menu Item Question!0