"Reverse" watched - a form of tagging
Subject covers most of it.
Frequently I will skip through a movie quickly to see if I've seen it, or re-watch a scene or (something, whatever) - it will mark the movie as "watched"

This introduces a problem, because I can no longer trust the "watched" flag in my database - especially after this long, it's just a giant mess I would say.
I'd like to be able to filter for ONLY watched films easily somehow, this would allow me to truly sort the non watched ones out, easily (instead of looking for small ticks) then I could rely on the watched tag again.

Perhaps a toggle
All
Only watched
Only unwatched

Sound good?

This feature, if I'm understanding you correctly, is already available. It may be skin-specific though. Aeon Nox has this toggle in the slide out options menu in the library.

I checked it in Confluence as well, but it only has "Hide Watched", and not All, watched, unwatched as Nox does.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I only use confluence, I find most other skins seem to cause issues.
Well, the feature's out there. You can mod Confluence, or try another skin.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I always just hit w on my keyboard to mark something as unwatched if I flip through it, but haven't seen it. It's also possible to use advancedsettings.xml (wiki) to change the percentage that needs to be viewed before watched is ticked.
It's still a piece of data stored in the database which I feel is going to waste. Perhaps I can manipulate this with some kind of custom playlist.
Has anyone got any more thoughts on this? I really would like this feature.
Smart playlists (wiki) can give you a list of watched or unwatched, or even "in-progress".
Like Ned said, use advancedsettings and <playcountminimumpercent>95</playcountminimumpercent> for example. It's already working fine with smart playlists.

Only thing I don't like much is that <lastplayed> is overwritten everytime you play a file.
It doesn't care if it was partially watched or completely watched.
I'd prefer to save it only when <playcountminimumpercentage> is reached.
I like to have som smart playlists sorted by lastplayed and if I rewatch a file only for specific scenes it breaks sort of the list because <lastplayed> is overwritten.
(2013-05-18, 18:18)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Only thing I don't like much is that <lastplayed> is overwritten everytime you play a file.
It doesn't care if it was partially watched or completely watched.
I'd prefer to save it only when <playcountminimumpercentage> is reached.
I like to have som smart playlists sorted by lastplayed and if I rewatch a file only for specific scenes it breaks sort of the list because <lastplayed> is overwritten.

That has bugged me as well, I also have some playlists that sort by lastplayed in reversed order. I've created a separate request thread for that here, though it might even be considered a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Reverse" watched - a form of tagging0