Updating old version to kodi
I've been using an old version of xbmc. Gotham I think. But it stopped connecting to the services where it got movie information so I can't add anymore movies to it. I buy mostly bluray now and just ripped my old dad's but occasionally I get a new one to add.

I assume this is because it now needs updating to kodi but I have hundreds of movies not to mention old tv box sets. Will it still recognise all the old information, cover arts, correct versions of the films if I update to kodi? If it has to rescan every movie title that's a lot of work to correct the mistakes where it's picked up the wrong movie info.
You are safe. Everything will upgrade for you. All that data is stashed in a database. All your sources stay the same.

If you want to be sure, before updating, make a backup.

If on a Windows PC you want to make a copy of this folder:

%APPDATA%\KODI\
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\KODI\

Personally I will go into the roaming folder and just "zip up" the whole KODI folder before upgrades. This then lets me revert if required.

When you do the first run after installation - WAIT!! Don't rush. Don't panic that you think it has jammed. It make take a while to fully upgrade your data from the older Gotham. So leave it for 5-10 mins to settle after the first run.

One thing I cannot say is if it is okay to jump from Gotham to Jarvis as that is two steps in between you are skipping. One of those being an important upgrade\rename from XBMC to KODI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating old version to kodi0