Simplify XBMC configurations......
(2012-11-28, 03:07)xbmcwood Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 16:00)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 12:17)Timmetje Wrote: what i like to know is:

The Nvidia configuration settings what are the best settings?

Example:

3D settings: 3X buffering on / off?
performance mode: Multidisplay, standalone ?
max rendered frames 1 2 3 4 5 ?
Here are some tips-

-Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide
-Setup your GeForce Driver

You can find more tips in here- Knowledgebase

is there something like this. but for Radeon HD 6550D
Here is a guide for AMD-

-ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hello bluray, thank for your post. I'm not so practical in HTPC configuration so I need a little help.

When you write "Intel" and "AMD/Nvidia" do you mean the CPU? Or the videocard?

And please could you explain me why disable hardware acceleration under Intel?

I appreciate your help!
Bluray you Said "via 2 hdmi cables", can't we just do it with one cable?- from htpc (for me a Mac mini) to AVR with one cable, and from the AVR to HDTV with another cable, and let the AVR do the audio encoding and let the AVR pass the video SIGNAL without further......
Kindly
Jan
Kindly
Jan
(2013-01-30, 13:40)Queen1980 Wrote: Hello bluray, thank for your post. I'm not so practical in HTPC configuration so I need a little help.

When you write "Intel" and "AMD/Nvidia" do you mean the CPU? Or the videocard?

And please could you explain me why disable hardware acceleration under Intel?

I appreciate your help!
He means the video card. So if you're using an Intel GPU (e.g. the HD2/3/4000 series integrated graphics) you should probably disable DXVA. If you have an AMD or nVidia GPU (note the AMD GPUs can also be integrated), you can enable DXVA.

Edit: Intel GPUs have so far proven to have issues with DXVA in XBMC, and the CPUs are generally powerful enough to decode in software.

Edit 2:
runnernorth Wrote:Bluray you Said "via 2 hdmi cables", can't we just do it with one cable?- from htpc (for me a Mac mini) to AVR with one cable, and from the AVR to HDTV with another cable, and let the AVR do the audio encoding and let the AVR pass the video SIGNAL without further......
That's 2 HDMI cables.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
StartCodon, of course, you're right :-D
Kindly
Jan
Update some info related to Frodo 12.0 in the 1st post....
Can someone please help me? I get extreme choppiness, slideshow, when playing a 3D .mkv movie. Here are my specs:

Intel i3-3225 with HD4000 graphics
Asrock H77M mobo
Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Seagate 2TB 7K RPM SATA III HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
BenQ w1070 1080P 3D Projector
Sony STR-DH520 AVR
All HDMI cables are 1.4a
NO optical cables are being used
Latest XMBC installed

2D playback is flawless. 3D is a slideshow.

All drivers are up to date.

Thanks for any help!!!
@BimmerCop,

I don't have Intel i3 and Sonny AVR, but my Intel i7 and Onkyo AVR works fine with 3d movie using Frodo. Did you make sure that Frodo audio output is configured as shown in my screen shot below? You can set your Sonny AVR to passthrough video directly to your 3d projector. Projector can handle this task by itself......

Hi Bluray,

What did the trick for me was after doing all the changes you suggested, I made sure my AVR was set to HDMI Passthrough. After this, playback was SMOOOOOTH!

But I still have one issue though. 3D movies still don't playback as 3D movies.

I have two 3D movies I downloaded from the Internet for testing. One is OU and the other is SBS. They both play smooth but the image does not show up as 3D. The OU one you can see the image repeated on top and bottom, while SBS shows the repeated images on each side.

Also, the projector is not detecting a 3D image.

Any thoughts?

BTW, the movies are 1080p
(2013-02-21, 19:13)BimmerCop Wrote: Hi Bluray,

What did the trick for me was after doing all the changes you suggested, I made sure my AVR was set to HDMI Passthrough. After this, playback was SMOOOOOTH!
I'm glad that you got it to play smooth now....Nod

(2013-02-21, 19:13)BimmerCop Wrote: But I still have one issue though. 3D movies still don't playback as 3D movies.

I have two 3D movies I downloaded from the Internet for testing. One is OU and the other is SBS. They both play smooth but the image does not show up as 3D. The OU one you can see the image repeated on top and bottom, while SBS shows the repeated images on each side.

Any thoughts?

The 3D SBS should work fine. I tried it a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine on my HTPC. I cannot remember off the top of my head. After I setup my system at the new house, I'll verify 3d configurations for you. Did you switch your project to SBS?
(2013-02-21, 21:47)bluray Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 19:13)BimmerCop Wrote: Hi Bluray,

I'm glad that you got it to play smooth now....Nod

(2013-02-21, 19:13)BimmerCop Wrote: But I still have one issue though. 3D movies still don't playback as 3D movies.

Any thoughts?

The 3D SBS should work fine. I tried it a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine on my HTPC. I cannot remember off the top of my head. After I setup my system at the new house, I'll verify 3d configurations for you. Did you switch your project to SBS?

The 3D menu for the projector will not activate until it detects a 3D signal. I can't see any 3D options for the HD 4000 within Windows Display Properties. Am I missing something? Is there a utility that perhaps need to be installed? This thing is driving me nuts!
Here is the info on Intel 3d control center- How to access OpenGL* & DirectX* 3D graphic settings
(2013-02-21, 22:08)bluray Wrote: Here is the info on Intel 3d control center- How to access OpenGL* & DirectX* 3D graphic settings

Yea, I've seen that. This only controls 3D as in gaming parameters, not 3D as in 3D movies (stereoscopic). :-(
Quick update, Bluray...

I finally got everything working!!! The problem is that XMBC just won't play any of the 3D .mkv files in my PC. No matter what I did, it just wouldn't send the 3D signal to my projector. I ruled out the receiver by connecting the PC directly to the projector, and still no joy.

After searching around, I ran into Stereoscopic Player. This program is great and played all the .mkv files as 3D movies and all of them, my projector recognized and kicked into 3D mode.

I then installed FFDShow and configured it correctly so that the audio was passed through as bitstream/DTS to the receiver.

Now I was able to play the 3D movies as 1080p/24 AND send DTS audio to the receiver.

ONLY problem is that not all my movies are 3D! So I definitely want to be able to use XMBC. So, I was able to setup a custom playercorefactory.xml file so that everytime I try to view a 3D movie within XMBC, XMBC will open Stereoscopic Player to allow me to use that instead and once I close SP, I will be automatically returned to XMBC!!!!

It took me ALL DAY today to get this figured out and man, it sure is satisfying to see everything working.

This will keep me set until HOPEFULLY, XMBC comes out with native 3D support. =)

Thanks for your help, Bluray!
Hello,

I am in the case "HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV"
I followed these advices but all my movies still do not play smooth. Some are unwatchable, for others it is annoying.
I have an HTPC based on an AMD A6-3500 that should be sufficient. (WIN7 + 4GB RAM)

Pressing "O" for diagnostics info, shows that CPU is under 10% then it is using hardware for decoding I guess.

What to check next ?

JP
My almost silent XBMC PC : [CASE] Smart Teck Cube (PSU removed) [PSU] HFX EF15 fanless 150 watt [FAN] Noctua with fanmate at lowest speed
[MOBO] ASRock A75M-ITX [CPU] AMD A6-3500 [CPU Fan] Scythe Shuriken rev B [RAM] 4 GB [GPU] AMD Radeon HD 6530D onboard
[HDD]
2 TB [KEYBOARD] Logitech K400 [Remote] Logitech Harmony 900
[OS]
Windows 7 [SKIN] AEON MQ3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simplify XBMC configurations......2