Simplify XBMC configurations......
(2013-03-08, 19:35)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 18:39)wbree Wrote: All drivers are up to date. I have copied the ISO file with Blu-Ray content to the local drive (101 MB/s).
Unfortunately the same bad results.

Wilco
Have you select exclusive mode in Windows audio property? Did you downloaded Realtek from here- High Definition Audio Codecs?

Latest Realtek drivers installed and exclusive mode selected. Still bad perfomance on Bluray rips (BDMV)
(2013-03-09, 10:37)wbree Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 19:35)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 18:39)wbree Wrote: All drivers are up to date. I have copied the ISO file with Blu-Ray content to the local drive (101 MB/s).
Unfortunately the same bad results.

Wilco
Have you select exclusive mode in Windows audio property? Did you downloaded Realtek from here- High Definition Audio Codecs?

Latest Realtek drivers installed and exclusive mode selected. Still bad perfomance on Bluray rips (BDMV)
If you are trying to bitstream HD audio, I'm suggesting install the latest Intel driver from here- Intel Download Center....you can select Intel HDMI audio output in Windows control panel and WASAPI: HDMI/Intel in Frodo instead of Realtek.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@bluray and other users

I did install latest drivers but Intel Download Center cannot detect exact drive for HDMI audio. When in properties I asked for setup to new driver it says that the latest is already installed.
I have no clou what to do next. Are there any users with the same configuration (Intel i3 2330M, W7-64b, 8Gb memory) as mine who doesn't have this problems?

Wilco
(2013-03-10, 13:25)wbree Wrote: @bluray and other users

I did install latest drivers but Intel Download Center cannot detect exact drive for HDMI audio. When in properties I asked for setup to new driver it says that the latest is already installed.
I have no clou what to do next. Are there any users with the same configuration (Intel i3 2330M, W7-64b, 8Gb memory) as mine who doesn't have this problems?

Wilco
Try disable all other audio options other than Intel in Windows control panel......
First of all, hi everybody, i've posted this on the How-To Trouble Shoot Audio (from Frodo) topic too. My problem is very similar than the buscman1's problem, but with HDMI instead of optical for audio.

I've got a very rare problem with my AV (Marantz NR1403).

My config are:

HTPC -> HDMI -> AV
AV - > HDMI ARC - > TV (Samsung LED 40D6100)

Well, i've got sync issues with all the 24p videos (video delay or audio first), but if i connect the HTPC directly to the tv or if I config the Marantz audio out to the tv speakers instead of the speakers connected to the AV, the issue dissapears... Seems thats somethings wrong with the AV? Is new, and i've already try to enable and disable the Auto Lipsync and the HDMI Control options...

More information:
AMD BE 2400 (AM2 Socket Dual Core 2.30GHz)
AMD 6870 HD
2GB DDR2
Windows 7 x64 + XBMC Frodo 12.0 + last Catalyst drivers

Can someone help me? I've been fighting with this for one week... Thank you very much

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish...
Great post, but I would like to knew if there is a way to use different output for different media.
Then I watch a movie I watch through the HDMI cable (bitstream) but then I want to listen to music I would like to listen through my USB Music Streamer DAC.
As for now, you set the output for the whole system, it would be nice to set the output differently for video and audio, is there a way?
There is no way to do exactly that, however XBMC can be configured to use different devices based on the type of audio, this is:

1. Decoded audio uses the "Audio output device" where decoded audio is either LPCM or audio XBMC decodes to LPCM such as mp3 or flac.

2. Bitstream encoded audio uses the "Passthrough output device" where encoded audio is formats such as DTS which might be sent to an AVR to decode.

So as long as all your music was a format XBMC decodes you could set then "Audio output device" as the USB DAC and HDMI to AVR/TV. However where this would fall down is if any of your videos contain a mp3, flac or LPCM soundtrack as audio would then be sent to the "Audio output device", or if you had DTS audio CD where audio would be sent to the "Passthrough output device" .
For me it would work exactly as I want, I bitstream all my blyrays and all my music is in either FLAC or Mp3.
What I can remember though, is then I've tried to use different outputs I got stuttering video.
I might have done something wrong and I will try to get it to work once more.

Thanks
I finally almost got it to work, after changing the settings for audio output through different outputs, I had to restart XBMC for not getting video stuttering, after that I had two different outputs and the video played Ok.
But, as soon as I change the input on the receiver for playing my audio files through my DAC the XBMC hangs, I've tried it 3 times and it hanged all the time.
I have installed Frodo 12.2 and I have 2 problems...

First I have no audio (works fine in JRiver MC18, Windows MC and my desktop.
Second my NextPVR keeps dropping connection with my 2 HDHomerun tuners. (I will save that for another thread)

I am using a Denon 4520ci
AMD 4170 Quad processor
16GB of ram
win 7 64-bit OS
NVidia GeForce GT430

Here are my settings in XBMC...

I have tried direct sound mode too... same results.

Here are my Windows audio settings...

Any suggestions?
Can you connect your PC with HDMI to your receiver?
(2013-05-11, 07:49)wbree Wrote: Can you connect your PC with HDMI to your receiver?
I have it hooked up with HDMI from my PC to my AVR. NextPVR works fine now (figured out how to get it setup) as do all other audio programs... Just no audio when using XBMC. I checked for updates and there was a service pack for windows... I installed it and now my Denon appears as a option (no audio with Realtec selected). I selected the Denon as a option and I have Audio in all programs, but still none in XBMC. This is all on a 2 day old Win 7 install. Should I try using a optical cable?
(2013-03-05, 21:10)bucsman1 Wrote: Also, should I have "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" checked? And if so, what can I do to get A/V to sync?

Thanks again for your excellent post and I appreciate any feedback.
(2013-03-15, 15:58)Javi16 Wrote: My problem is very similar than the buscman1's problem, but with HDMI instead of optical for audio.

You should both try this link: advancedsettings.xml (scroll down to the <latency> tag, just below <fpsdetect>).

I have my XBMC set to 'Sync playback' with audio clock, and in my advancedsettings I specify a delay of 100ms for 24p like this:
<refresh>
<min>23.96</min>
<max>24.01</max>
<delay>100</delay>
</refresh>

It seems when I set my 'Sync playback' to Video clock (drop/dupe audio), the delay should be around 200/250ms. Play around with it.

If you don't need a delay, but audio to be ahead, you should use <delay>-200</delay>. This will put the audio ahead for 200ms.

My playback of 24p has gotten pretty stutter free with these settings.
Great tips! These Windows-specific tips would probably still apply to Windows 8 or 8.1, correct?
(2014-03-03, 05:41)bek1 Wrote: Great tips! These Windows-specific tips would probably still apply to Windows 8 or 8.1, correct?
Yes, I uses the same settings for my Surface Pro with Windows 8.1....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simplify XBMC configurations......2