help with playback!
Hi!

this is the first time i post here..

i have a pc that i have built myself

ASUS P9X79 PRO - ATX / Intel X79
Intel Core i7-3820 - 8 trådar / 3,6GHz (3,8GHz Turbo) / 10MB /
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz
Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC128 128GB (SSD)
XFX Radeon HD7770 1024MB

I have downloaded XBMC and use aeon mq4

But when i play .mkv and full blurays it lags a little bit...
not much, but enough to become irritating!
what can i do to make it playback smoother?
is my graphic card to slow?...but it is gddr5 and 1 gb?

i think it is strange that i can play flawlessly in netgear neo 550 (mediaplayer) but not in my pc...

I hope that someone can help me...if you have questions i will be happy to try to answer them....and sorry for my band english.. Smile
Which version of xbmc?
(2012-11-26, 09:57)bilbo1 Wrote: XFX Radeon HD7770 1024MB
This GPU should be able to handle all blu-ray files with ease....you need to make sure that the latest AMD driver is updated from here- AMD Driver Autodetect....

You can find more tips on how to configure XBMC in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
it also coud be that your gpu is set on the wrong frame rate,
try to set it on 23.xxx
perhaps give some more info about the media you're using to play.
you can get info from mediainfo (google it)
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
No, sorry

i have the last driver

and i have tried the suggestions in your thread..
info about the media (The avengers)

1920*1080 /16:9) at 23,976 fps, AVC ([email protected]) (CABAC/3 Ref Frames)

how do i change the frame rate?
You might want to give the latest Nightly a try- XBMC File Repository - Mirror List......
You can change the frame rate in your ati settings.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2012-11-26, 19:25)bilbo1 Wrote: No, sorry

i have the last driver

and i have tried the suggestions in your thread..
info about the media (The avengers)

1920*1080 /16:9) at 23,976 fps, AVC ([email protected]) (CABAC/3 Ref Frames)

how do i change the frame rate?

Go into System\Settings\Video\Playback and check 'adjust display refresh rate to match video', when playing a file xbmc will automatically change your video cards frame rate to match the source file. Providing of course that your display is capable of showing at the appropriate refresh rate.

No need to manually select anything.
that did not work for me, BUT i tried to "power on" video sync a/v to videoclock, that worked for me!...well almost ever mediafile i have, the few files i have that has 25 fps does not work to good, but i can live with that.. Smile
i had a similar issues with mkv files
playing almost slow motion like

i use HDMI for video and sound, and for some reason, the audio for the files was set for ANALOG
i had to change it (to HDMI ) from within a playing file, and make it the default for ALL files and all is well
(2012-11-27, 07:55)Swiper the Fox Wrote: I had a similar issues with mkv files playing almost slow motion like
I use HDMI for video and sound, and for some reason, the audio for the files was set for ANALOG
I had to change it (to HDMI ) from within a playing file, and make it the default for ALL files and all is well
THANK YOU very very much!!!... \O/
I have the same issue with XBMC 12 beta 1, and your post help me to find WHY the videos are playing in slow motion.
I changed audio output to HDMI, like you did, and now videos are playing in normal speed.
(the only problem is: I really use analog audio (RCA connector) for sound output, not HDMI). Undecided

[ ] Rubens
(2012-11-27, 07:55)Swiper the Fox Wrote: i had a similar issues with mkv files
playing almost slow motion like

i use HDMI for video and sound, and for some reason, the audio for the files was set for ANALOG
i had to change it (to HDMI ) from within a playing file, and make it the default for ALL files and all is well
That is very weird. If it is set as below and it is the same thing as what I suggested in post #3, it should not change by itself.....

-HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables, select Audio output device "WASAPI" in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output
-HTPC--HDTV via HDMI cable, select Audio output device "DirectSound" in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with playback!0