Openelec PVR alternate location
Question 
Hi
I am a running Openelec and would like to record directly to my NAS running NFS as my local disk only has 16GB. I have created an "advancesettings.xml" file and added it to .xbmc/userdata. I have added the following but whenever I power off/on and try to record it always records to the local path /storage/recordings.

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
<from>/storage/recordings</from>
<to>nfs://192.168.6.19/recordings/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Would someone please point out my error.

Many thanks

Ray
I can't help you with the syntax - but a couple of thoughts:

1. I mount NFS drives as OE boots - not from within XBMC. So OE sees these as local filesystems as nature intended, and you can simply give the directory name instead of using nfs://.

2. TVH has a configuration option for where to store the recordings... OE (the front end) should get that from TVH (the backend). Look on the web interface for TVH, Configuration -> Digital Video Recorder -> Recording System Path (linked to the above - you can now simply name it as a local path)

3. I'd be cautious about recording across the LAN. Not sure why, but it makes me nervous... I record locally, then copy the file as a post-processing command (also in TVH's web interface - the same tab, at the bottom, from memory). You can move them here if you like, but I personally prefer to know that they've made it to the NAS before I clear them off the PVR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec PVR alternate location0