Req Audio output on analoge and hdmi simultaneously
Hey,

This question was asked over at the openelec forum and since there seems to be a few who is interested in this (like 5 peopleSmile ) I thought I ask it here as well.

I know that it doesn't work today but would simultaneously audio output on hdmi and analoge be possible? This is really the last feature that I wish for on the pi, that I can think of at least...It would be really nice to use my amp when I feel like it without having to switch in on the pi every time.

So what do you think? Anyone else who think this would be a nice feature?

/E
Yep, definitely interested. My top priority request is to fix the playback pausing when a commercial is reached (see separate thread) but this,would be a nice feature too.

My use case is I output my audio through my receiver and I have two zones. Zone 1 is hdmi to my tv which works great and zone 2 is analog using the 3.5mm connection. I can get either/or working on their own but NOT simultaneously which would be really nice so I don't have to constantly change the audio settings back and forth .
ALSA support is what's needed back in the PI's version of XBMC.
(2012-11-28, 15:56)bac522 Wrote: ALSA support is what's needed back in the PI's version of XBMC.

What's the best way to get that on the XBMC future roadmap/radar? Is this thread good enough? It looks like Alsa support does allow this via the thread below so definitely optimistic... but just trying to figure out how this gets prioritized (once Frodo goes live given that is in feature freeze).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136302
(2012-11-28, 15:56)bac522 Wrote: ALSA support is what's needed back in the PI's version of XBMC.
That's just one solution.
An additional audio_decode and audio_render OpenMAX component could be added to support analogue and HDMI simultaneously, and that wouldn't create the audio synchronisation issues of using ALSA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio output on analoge and hdmi simultaneously0