Installing this skin in OpenELEC
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question.

Can this skin be installed in OpenELEC?

If so, for the frodo build of OpenELEC would I just use the same 'master' that I took from here?:

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox

I can't find anything on this, probably becaue I have never used OpenELEC before and I don't know where to look. Sorry if this out of place.

Thank you.
Yes, thats easy.. just download zip , and in xbmc install addons from zip file.. Smile
Thank you! Smile I was hoping it would be that simple.
Does that work, I tried re-creating the zip with the proper name and it kept telling me I did not have the correct structure to install. I have been manually adding it to the ~/.xbmc/addons folder using SSH and Samaba (copying it to Downloads and then a cp -fr).
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
(2012-11-28, 20:52)Reginald Wrote: Does that work, I tried re-creating the zip with the proper name and it kept telling me I did not have the correct structure to install. I have been manually adding it to the ~/.xbmc/addons folder using SSH and Samaba (copying it to Downloads and then a cp -fr).

Why? just click this: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/archive/master.zip

Then install via zip in OpenELEC.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-11-28, 22:25)lrusak Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 20:52)Reginald Wrote: Does that work, I tried re-creating the zip with the proper name and it kept telling me I did not have the correct structure to install. I have been manually adding it to the ~/.xbmc/addons folder using SSH and Samaba (copying it to Downloads and then a cp -fr).

Why? just click this: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/archive/master.zip

Then install via zip in OpenELEC.

i don´t think that works because the github zip contains a subfolder. addon.xml has to be placed in zip root.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Github.com screwed around with the zip files.
You need to rezip it yourself locally
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I had been able to do it before, it is good to know that addon.xml has to be at the root, I may have to look into that at some point. Much less work than all of the listed steps. Haha
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
Hi again, Blush

Has someone got this skin working in OpenELEC 3.0?

Phil posted this in the FAQ thread:

Quote:Q. I’ve pulled latest GIT version of Nox and I get a “dependencies not met” error message?
You have an older version of XBMC, update to latest nightly build or beta build. If you download the zip file from gitrepo and extract them manually into your addons folder, while the installation will be "successful" you will find other issues arising when trying to configure and use it because you're missing the "dependencies" so I don't recommend this course of action.

As I cannot install the skin as a zip (I have tried everything I can think of but I still get the "Dependencies not met" error message), does this mean that I can't run this skin in OpenELEC 3.0?

It runs fine. Problem is one script is missing in frodo that prevents it from installing. What you could do is edit the addon.xml inside the .zip and remove the line that contains script.randomandlastitems
This should allow it to install using .zip
Thank you for the quick reply. This forum is amazing for support.

I'll try that now and report back Wink
Beautiful!

Thank you. This worked a treat. I have been toiling for days with this and it is such a relief to get this skin working.

Thanks! Smile
Great Smile
Im having the same problem, if i download the zip file from GIT it says "dependencies not met".
But if i open the zipfile in 7-zip and edit the addon.xml inside 7-zip, and save it, i get "addons does not have correct structure"

I have rezipped the contents both with everything directly in the root, and as it was when first downloading it.

How is the zip-file supposed to be structured?
Same problem for me too.
After I edit the zip file I get the wrong structure error.

Tried different methods, and all have the same result.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing this skin in OpenELEC0