Installing this skin in OpenELEC
(2012-12-15, 17:13)leechguy Wrote: The following has been tested on OpenELEC 3.0 Beta 5:

First download the skin and all the dependencies:

Perform the installation in the following order:

You should now be able to select Aeon Nox.

Note: This procedure requires no modification of the addon.xml file.

Thanks leechguy. Just tried this method and it installed perfectly with no errors on latest Opelec beta.
Apologies in advance for two noob questions:

1. Is the installation procedure for the scripts the same as installing an add-on from a zip file? If not, can you point to me instructions on how to install (I have searched, honest).

2. Where can I find a full listing of the files which the Aeon Nox skin will employ in various views, particularly for Movie files. I am in the process of rescraping and building all the files locally for xbmc,but would like to know what an absolutely full and complete set of logos, clear art, backgrounds, etc would look like.

Thanks in advance.

(2012-12-01, 03:49)Martijn Wrote: It runs fine. Problem is one script is missing in frodo that prevents it from installing. What you could do is edit the addon.xml inside the .zip and remove the line that contains script.randomandlastitems
This should allow it to install using .zip

Hi Martijn,

Thanks, I tried that, and it now says "Addon does not have the correct structure"

The line I deleted was
<import addon="script.randomandlastitems" version="1.2.4"/>
does it matter exactly how many spaces are left between the item before and after this deleted item after you have deleted it?

Thanks,
Mark.
PS, I am using v12 RC1 and Aeon-Nox-master.zip downloaded from the git site today.
(2012-12-16, 13:33)malcolmbarr Wrote: 1. Is the installation procedure for the scripts the same as installing an add-on from a zip file? If not, can you point to me instructions on how to install (I have searched, honest).

With scripts, do you mean the following?

1. script.module.simplejson
2. script.randomandlastitems
3. service.skin.widgets
4. Aeon Nox

In that case yes. For all steps, just go to System->Settings->Add-ons->Install from zip file.
Next browse to the zip files and press the OK button.

Can't help you with your second question.. I actually don't use Nox myself (yet) Smile

Please note that according to mikebzh44 the script.randomandlastitems add-on is not compatible with Frodo yet. It installs without any issues, but apparently does not work correctly. I'm not sure how the auto updating of add-ons works, but I hope that when the version of the add-on in the repository is higher than the one installed that it will then auto update. In that case it should automatically update when the 'Frodo' version becomes available.
(2012-12-16, 20:15)fredphoesh Wrote: Thanks, I tried that, and it now says "Addon does not have the correct structure"

When you double click on your zip file, do you then see the following directory (correct structure)?

Code:
Aeon-Nox-master

Or do you see the following directories and files (wrong structure)?

Code:
1080i
backgrounds
colors
extras
fonts
language
media
_screenshots
sounds
themes
.gitignore
addon.xml
changelog.txt
fanart.jpg
icon.png
LICENSE.txt

My guess would be you see the wrong structure when you open the zip.
Hello,

I'm aware this is quite an old thread, but I'm still struggling with the problems described in here...

I'm running Openelec 3.2.4 (clean install)
So I'm trying to install the Aeon Nox skin.

I tried installing the master and the frodo zip, downloaded from https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/ - did not work

I adapted the addon.xml, by removing the line that contains script.randomandlastitems - did not work

I tried installing the 3 add-ons:
1. script.module.simplejson
2. script.randomandlastitems
3. service.skin.widgets
downloaded from here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/

But the first 2 add-ons did not install... after selecting the zip-file nothing happened.
The skin widget did install properly.
What am I doing wrong here?

I tried installing Aeon Nox through the "XMBC.org repository add-ons" add-on within openelec. - did not work (after installation it said: some files are missing)

Any ideas on how to proceed from here?
Hi St03mp,

I haven't used this skin in a while but the last time I did I simply installed it from the repository from inside of XBMC/Openelec and it worked fine. This was a few months back but it was on a clean install. If there is a problem with the skin in the repository, it should be marked as broken.

Have you tried downloading and installing the skin from this repository?

Cheers.
Yes, I tried to do this.
It seems to download and install just fine. Then it says under system > add-ons "enabled"

When I go to Settings > appearance > skin, and I click on Aeon Nox, it says:

Unable to load skin
Skin is missing some files

Or... would it be worth it trying to install a gotham-based openelec?

I have an zotac zbox AD12, CPU: AMD E2-1800 APU 1.7 GHz Dual-Core
http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-nano-ad12.html

I could try to install a generic build openelec version and (3.95.x), instead of the fusion build 3.2.4 I'm running now.
And then I could see if I get Aeon Nox 5 to work...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing this skin in OpenELEC0