• 3(current)
Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0
Hello, I'm seeing a crash with Transparency 5 on Frodo Beta 3 (OpenElec) when displaying the "Info" OSD during video playback. Pressing Info during playback causes XBMC to crash and reboot. The only line in XBMC.log relating to the incident is this:

Code:
13:02:34 T:139989282760448 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(volume1/video/tv/{xxxx}/Season 3/clearart.png) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //tv failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
(actual show replaced with {xxxx})

Note that clearart (and all other artwork) is displaying fine in the library views. One thing I noticed is that the path to the clearart is wrong in that error message -- "/Season 3/" should not be included, the correct path should be:

/video/tv/{xxxx}/clearart.png (the "volume1" is the internal Synology path, which leads to me believe the NAS is providing the Failed to Stat error text).

While clearly XBMC should not crash/reboot, any idea of exactly what file Transparency is asking for here when the Info button is pressed during TV show playback?

Thanks!
-james
(2012-12-12, 00:49)millercentral Wrote: Hello, I'm seeing a crash with Transparency 5 on Frodo Beta 3 (OpenElec) when displaying the "Info" OSD during video playback. Pressing Info during playback causes XBMC to crash and reboot. The only line in XBMC.log relating to the incident is this:

Code:
13:02:34 T:139989282760448 ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat(volume1/video/tv/{xxxx}/Season 3/clearart.png) stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //tv failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
(actual show replaced with {xxxx})

Note that clearart (and all other artwork) is displaying fine in the library views. One thing I noticed is that the path to the clearart is wrong in that error message -- "/Season 3/" should not be included, the correct path should be:

/video/tv/{xxxx}/clearart.png (the "volume1" is the internal Synology path, which leads to me believe the NAS is providing the Failed to Stat error text).

While clearly XBMC should not crash/reboot, any idea of exactly what file Transparency is asking for here when the Info button is pressed during TV show playback?

Thanks!
-james

Thanks! -james

first thing you'd need to do is disable clearart in skin settings to verify this fixes your crashes.
settings > skin settings > tv shows - enable clearart (disable this option)

the skin needs look in two places for a clearart image,
so one of the two will always be the incorrect path.
this is needed as some people store their episodes into separate season folders,
while others do not.

T! does not use clearart in any of the library views btw.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-12-12, 01:04)ronie Wrote: first thing you'd need to do is disable clearart in skin settings to verify this fixes your crashes.
settings > skin settings > tv shows - enable clearart (disable this option)

Sure enough, disabling the option stops the crash. With it disabled, the Info button works as expected.

(2012-12-12, 01:04)ronie Wrote: the skin needs look in two places for a clearart image,
so one of the two will always be the incorrect path.
this is needed as some people store their episodes into separate season folders,
while others do not.

Interesting. It appears xbmc does not like receiving a file-not-found from NSF in this scenario... Assuming this is a Frodo bug and not a Transparency bug, what is the best way to submit the issue?

(2012-12-12, 01:04)ronie Wrote: T! does not use clearart in any of the library views btw.

My apologies, I was mixing up the Logos (angled in the upper left corner of Fanart views) with clear art. Brain fart.
(2012-12-12, 05:24)millercentral Wrote: Interesting. It appears xbmc does not like receiving a file-not-found from NSF in this scenario... Assuming this is a Frodo bug and not a Transparency bug, what is the best way to submit the issue?

report the bug on trac
include as much info as you can in your bugreport:
-exact steps to reproduce
-Debug Log
-crashlog (if there is one)
-anything else that might seem relevant

will try to reproduce it tomorrow (using linux),
i don't have any nfs shares set up atm.

there's no issue with smb shares, at least on my end.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Really incredible work, Ron. Congratulations!

_ The movies' cases change from gold to black/blue when a movie is played, so we can "track" what is a DVD and what is a Blu-ray. Where do I find the DB keeping track of this? I have one file server and three XBMC players, so it would be nice to have these available instead of playing the movie just to change the case color. I can do it manually for each movie, if you tell me how to.

_ Is there a "case" for 3D movies? How should I name these movies ? (I can't find it anywhere...). I use only ISO images; no avi or mkv.

_ Also, is there a "case" for collections?

_ This is a XBMC question, but maybe you could tell me. There's a naming convention for movies poster/fanart/trailer etc, so upon a new scan on the net, there will be no need for getting all stuff from the internet. Is there a naming convention for collections? I mean, something like "Harry Potter Collection-poster" or such?

Thanks!!!
(2012-12-12, 13:31)quintellarosa Wrote: Really incredible work, Ron. Congratulations!

_ The movies' cases change from gold to black/blue when a movie is played, so we can "track" what is a DVD and what is a Blu-ray. Where do I find the DB keeping track of this? I have one file server and three XBMC players, so it would be nice to have these available instead of playing the movie just to change the case color. I can do it manually for each movie, if you tell me how to.

_ Is there a "case" for 3D movies? How should I name these movies ? (I can't find it anywhere...). I use only ISO images; no avi or mkv.

_ Also, is there a "case" for collections?

_ This is a XBMC question, but maybe you could tell me. There's a naming convention for movies poster/fanart/trailer etc, so upon a new scan on the net, there will be no need for getting all stuff from the internet. Is there a naming convention for collections? I mean, something like "Harry Potter Collection-poster" or such?

Thanks!!!

1. userdata/Database/MyVideos75.db
check the streamdetails table in the db.

2. not yet

3. the gold ones is used for sets, with an additional 'disk-set' icon on top

4. as far as i know, you can't have local artwork for sets.
i think they only exist in the db.
-The colour of the cases reflects the resolution reported, sometimes a few seconds of playing is needed to make that determination but is not a replacement for the 'watched' flag. Your situation would call for the synchronization of the watched flag http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65824 or this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries might help.

-There is no case flag for 3D (well there is graphics for it hanging around) atm. You would need some sort of workaround and a recompile of the textures file or running the SVN version of T!

-There is, it's the yellow gold case seen in 'sets' with a a small silver disks icon, and if a 'folder' has no direct sub videos it's seen as gold which may contain a 'folder' image and sub folders with scraped movies.

-Naming conventions for sets are now handled by themoviedb.org and seem to be in the format 'Harry Potter Collection' and stored as <set>Harry Potter Collection</set> in the library and .nfo file if you export to folder. These sets can be manipulated directly with a 3rd party program like XWMM management or with an editor, and local re-scrape.

(2012-12-12, 19:49)PatK Wrote: -The colour of the cases reflects the resolution reported, sometimes a few seconds of playing is needed to make that determination but is not a replacement for the 'watched' flag. Your situation would call for the synchronization of the watched flag http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65824 or this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries might help.

-There is no case flag for 3D (well there is graphics for it hanging around) atm. You would need some sort of workaround and a recompile of the textures file or running the SVN version of T!

-There is, it's the yellow gold case seen in 'sets' with a a small silver disks icon, and if a 'folder' has no direct sub videos it's seen as gold which may contain a 'folder' image and sub folders with scraped movies.

-Naming conventions for sets are now handled by themoviedb.org and seem to be in the format 'Harry Potter Collection' and stored as <set>Harry Potter Collection</set> in the library and .nfo file if you export to folder. These sets can be manipulated directly with a 3rd party program like XWMM management or with an editor, and local re-scrape.

Thanks, Patk, but I'm sure Ron answered exactly my questions.

(2012-12-12, 05:31)ronie Wrote: report the bug on trac
include as much info as you can in your bugreport:
-exact steps to reproduce
-debug log
-crashlog (if there is one)
-anything else that might seem relevant

will try to reproduce it tomorrow (using linux),
i don't have any nfs shares set up atm.

there's no issue with smb shares, at least on my end.

So something odd... When I enabled the debug log, and re-enabled the clearart option in Skin Settings, I went back and could not reproduce the problem (previously it had been 100% reproducable). Pressing Info brought up the OSD, and the clearart image was displayed in place of the thumb without issue. Looking in the log, the file not found error was still there, but no crash this time. I can't explain why. If it comes back I'll capture it and post it.

Thanks!
Great work on Transparency!. FWIW, it's working just fine for me on Frodo rc1 Linux Mint with a 4:3 display. Screenshot in this thread.
Good Evening
Congratulations for a great job, by far the best Skins.

After upgrading to xbmc 12 Frodo rc1 and Transparency! v5.0.3 addresses the following two problems
1. I have activated the options in the Skin Settings for ¨"Home-Movies-Fanart" and "Home-Tv Shows-Fanart" But at home rather than show me Fanart of my Movies only show black image.

2.My series on TV stopped displaying the Banner and Poster Displays only

I make something wrong?

I would like to thank "CutSickAss" for the amazing translation has made the Hellas...

Thanks For Your Time...

(2012-12-15, 01:27)Spirit Wrote: After upgrading to xbmc 12 Frodo rc1 and Transparency! v5.0.3 addresses the following two problems
1. I have activated the options in the Skin Settings for ¨"Home-Movies-Fanart" and "Home-Tv Shows-Fanart" But at home rather than show me Fanart of my Movies only show black image.
correct, it can't work out of the box anymore:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1247987
(2012-12-15, 01:27)Spirit Wrote: 2.My series on TV stopped displaying the Banner and Poster Displays only
I make something wrong?

things have changed in xbmc.
if you want banners and posters, you need to have a poster.jpg and banner.jpg in every tv show folder.
or rescan all your tv shows. the current scraper will download both at the same time.
I have a problem with 5.0.3 Transparency freezing on TV shows and Movies when pressing the Menu button. It does not happen always if I scroll first but always happens if the menu button is the first action taken when entering a new screen. The problem does not occur with Confluence. The problem has existed on all of the Frodo night lies I have tried. Any ideas will be great fully received.
(2012-12-15, 03:26)sreeslinux Wrote: I have a problem with 5.0.3 Transparency freezing on TV shows and Movies when pressing the Menu button. It does not happen always if I scroll first but always happens if the menu button is the first action taken when entering a new screen. The problem does not occur with Confluence. The problem has existed on all of the Frodo night lies I have tried. Any ideas will be great fully received.

i can't reproduce it, so please post a Debug Log
Hi there,

First post for me on xbmc forums, although lurking for some time. Smile
Installed a Raspbmc few days back, but noticed Transparency! is still marked as broken? Is there another way I can get it installed?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.03